Minecraft

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited December 2010 in Minecraft
Sat down and actually played this today.

First one is from my house right when I got done. Second is a long view of the island I built, it takes FOREVER to do. Lastly I finished my pillar staircase because I hit the max world height. Now I am working a sky bridge from the house to the pillar and to find some freaking seed to grow grass on my dirt.

finished from house.jpg

distant view.jpg

max height.jpg

Comments

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    The internet has been all about this game, but i don't see the point in paying for a tech demo. That is all this game is at this point. When was the last time you paid for an "alpha" release of anything?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    You pay for the game now for 10$ and when it releases it will be 20$. Plus you get to play the game as it is still being developed.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Actually, 10£, which is roughly $15.

Also, Pacifisto and I were playing on a LAN multiplayer server for a while...
    It's 45M in diameter and took a few nights to finish.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Also, Pacifisto and I were playing on a LAN multiplayer server for a while...
    It's 45M in diameter and took a few nights to finish.

It's amazing what a little TNT and some sleepless nights can accomplish.
    edited September 2010
    Gosh. When a game allows you to make T, D, and JK Flip-Flops it will eat your soul. That is even before you start building repeaters and clock timers. The only saving grace is that, who are we kidding our lives are doomed.
    edited September 2010
    Error's already set up a binary adder. The only thing stopping him from doing more is that redstone doesn't work in multiplayer.

Yet.
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited September 2010
    This game is 100% crack. And I love it!
    edited September 2010
    I finished one of my tunnels inland and to help me find the valley again or keep a reference I built something that would be easy to see any time of the day.
    the k.jpg

Yes, my thoughts exactly.
    1015419613_NYok6-L.jpg
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2010
    Due to server issues the game is also free right now for anyone wanting to test it. But once things are resolved you'll have to pay again.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Just synced a single player world and the multi player world to be the same map. Now I should be able to make circuits and tracks with all the supplies I've been saving up. The possibilities are endless :D
    edited September 2010
    I got wood. It only took 6 hours.

treefarmsoclose.jpg

treefarmfinishing.jpg

treefarmdoneish.jpg

I dug out everything below the glass today.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I want this, but I feel it would be the end of me when I start recreating the Mines of Moria.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Played about 5 hours last night with Cannonfodder and Thrax.

We accomplished absolutely nothing.

We dug into the ground. We explored a giant cave. We freaked out trying to figure out where the hell that scratching sound was coming from. We played tossing stones into the water. We went swimming from the core of the earth to the surface. We built a massive sky tower/fort/bridge/AWESOMENESS.

We accomplished nothing and I loved every minute of it.

I accept my new overlord.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    One word, Jimmy: rails.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    One word, Jimmy: rails.

Guess its back to the mines with us then.

http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecart_Tracks
    edited September 2010
    Make sure to put another cart on the tracks with a furnace in it so it can push you places.
    edited September 2010
    Or better, use a physics-glitch launcher to rocket you around. It's the only true way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqdV6mKXJ98
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Or endless cart movement.

This is interesting and I know nothing about it.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    After seeing some discussion on the IRCs, I decided to pick-up Minecraft. It's a neat idea.

There is a lot of potential here for some really cool stuff.
    edited September 2010
    Zanthian, yup that is staggering in size.

CB, given what Notch has already put into the game for what you are able to do and what people have figured out how to do finding holes in how the physics work it seems as though there will only be a few things players will not be able to accomplish. The one thing I am wanting to find online are videos of people using trap doors, hidden doors, and hidden staircases.

Now if only there was a block that can be pushed around and a way to get it to float in the air. Come jump on my magic carpet ride.
    edited September 2010
    Indeed. I think airships are really one of the last things I want in the game, though the ability to create siege weaponry, along with more challenging nighttime opponents are a dream of mine as well.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't know if I should buy it. I'm pretty bored with the free version as it stands. Will there always be stuff to do?
    edited September 2010
    I most likely already have over 50 hours in two weeks. There is always something to do in this game, the issue is it is all self motivated. The only driving force in the game is to survive the night everything else is open ended for the user to control.
    edited September 2010
    I'd also be pretty happy if there were gears or a pneumatics/hydraulics system. These are logical extensions for a game that already includes complicated transistor logic.
    edited September 2010
    There were gears but they were removed, they did not give any function the entire they were deployed in game. I have not read anything saying they will be brought.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I do believe im the biggest bacon packaging conglomerate on my world
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    No, that's your mom.
  • edited September 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    I'd also be pretty happy if there were gears or a pneumatics/hydraulics system. These are logical extensions for a game that already includes complicated transistor logic.

Like Little Big Planet?
    edited September 2010
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGkkyKZVzug?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGkkyKZVzug?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>