ARMA 2

edited September 2010 in Gaming
STUCK!!!!! jus got a new hp pc, intel i5 qaud core processor with dedicated graphics card - nvidia gt 220! wats the best settings to get the best out of playin arma?

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    As stated in the other thread you made, your computer will run ARMA 2 quite well.
  • edited August 2010
    it only runs well on very low settings??? if i up it the settings are good but the screen is blurry when i turn and reaction time is slow?? help
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    hornby7590 wrote:
    STUCK!!!!! jus got a new hp pc, intel i5 qaud core processor with dedicated graphics card - nvidia gt 220! wats the best settings to get the best out of playin arma?

The GT220 is the major limiting factor on that rig. That will need to be upgraded in order to run ARMA2 at acceptable settings.
  • edited August 2010
    what graphics card would you reccomend that would run well with an hp i5 qaudcore processor and intel motherboard?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    hornby7590 wrote:
    what graphics card would you reccomend that would run well with an hp i5 qaudcore processor and intel motherboard?

The main issue in an HP box is going to be your power supply. In most cases you should still be able to run something like a Radeon 5770 okay, which will run ARMA2 at medium specs. For a little more you can get a 5830 which should run it really nicely (its a nice step up from the 5770), but then, your probably going to need to upgrade your power supply in addition to the graphics card.

What model HP desktop do you have? Can you open up the side and let us know what power supply is currently installed? How many amps on the 12V rails?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    As with all BI games, you'll need to wait until you've upgraded your PC twice since purchasing the game before it'll run well on high(ish) settings.

With my overclocked Quad core and RadeonHD 4850 I think I'm just about able to run Operation Flashpoint on high settings now.

Hopefully I'll be able to play Armed Assault 2 on high settings before we all stop using keyboards and mice and just think the commands instead.