GTX 465 ~70% usage

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited November 2010 in Folding@Home
Looking for some info on anyone else who has fermi cards and is using them for folding. I have mine in a Win 7x64 box with all standard graphics settings. When just folding, the GPU% usage averages 65-70% and spikes higher occasionally but never gets near 99%. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I doing it wrong?

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    So never say never. I got 1 WU that actually used the full potential of my card and my PPD shot up to almost 13k. Why, oh why, F@H masters, do you subject me to such torture.
  • edited September 2010
    Tushon wrote:
    Why, oh why, F@H masters, do you subject me to such torture.

LOL, Tushon. I respect your enthusiasm but you are the one torturing yourself. :bigggrin:
    edited September 2010
    Pshhh. They need to release more fermi WUs. My 9800 GX2 sits at 99% all the time on GPU2, but I want to unleash the full power of my 465.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Yeah I stopped on my 480's as projects are few and far between. I guess we just crunch them a little to fast :)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    My load stays at 90+ and the 460 always has work.
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I stopped on my 480's as projects are few and far between. I guess we just crunch them a little to fast :)

It seems that the 106XX projects keep me around 65-75% while 109XX keeps me high 90s
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    You have an issue beyond GPU3 and specific project work units. My GTS 450s consistently stay at 90% utilization, regardless of work units.

- Is aero turned on?
    - If yes, then also try running Real Temp or Core Temp. Some users have solved low GPU utilization by keeping one of the utlities I mentioned running.

Please try both of those steps and report back.
    edited November 2010
    Turned off aero and (after a reboot) now at 99%. It is a P6811 project, so we'll see if it goes back down next time i get a 10xxx. Thanks for the tips. I'm curious how CoreTemp would affect GPU as it only appears to look at CPU load.
    edited November 2010
    Just as an update, most of the WUs are running at 99%, with a few 80-85% but it seems it was definitely aero that was causing the lower usage. I can't believe I hadn't seen that elsewhere (to turn it off).

Running CoreTemp didn't seem to help me, but I also didn't give it much time and don't really care about the minor graphic uglies that occur due to having aero turned off.