ETF2L Highlander Community Challenge

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    When do we need to be online today and warming up?
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited October 2010
    I have no real skill to speak of, so I don't need to warm up. My script is the only reason I can play TF2 without hurting myself and I keep it warm under a blanket.

Oh, and my lag.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Well that was...something.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Agreed, I'm gonna have to kick it into overdrive next time :S

Also, moving in a group would be a good idea too.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Well, assuming Rex is playing next time, we'll have a much better spy.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Well, we had our first official match. I'll quote my tweet from afterwords:
    I am truly proud of The League of Extraordinary Icrontians. To put it lightly, We got owned this morning, but we had fun

And that was the goal, to have fun. It was exciting, I got an adrenaline rush going. Had a blast. ^5 team, great job. I look forward to the next match.

-Digi
  • portzebieportzebie Arteest Utah, USA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Did anyone else get this e-mail or did I become e-mail team captain?

The following challenge request has been sent to you from: RaCio [League Administrator] for the 'Highlander Challenge: Week 3 (Group 190) - League Of Extraordinary Icrontians vs The BallBlasters' game

"Because this match has not been scheduled by either of the teams, a default date has been set for this match.

The default date is: Sunday, 17 October 2010, 20:00

Please play this match on the appointed time and submit the results."

The corresponding match page can be found here: http://etf2l.org/matches/21673. Please reply at this match page as soon as possible.

Regards
    ETF2L
    edited October 2010
    I got it also, you either got it because A: I set you as leader when I was having Steam ID issues or B: Everyone on the team got it.

Either way there is a lightly comical story behind it that I will be sending a PM about shortly.

-Digi
  • Foxy-KFoxy-K Frostbite Falls
    edited October 2010
    what class mi playin?
    edited October 2010
    Excellent Job guys. Let me know if you are interested in continuing. We might have a future of some fun here.

-Digi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Any news on the next game? I have very few upcoming weekends available :/
    edited October 2010
    That's it for us in the Highlander Challenge. In the group round we were in a group of 3, played each other team once. Simply Impenetrable Defense beat both us and The Ball Blasters and we tied against The Ball Blasters. That puts SID at 4 points and BB and LoEI at 1 point each (Win=2, Loss=-1, Tie=1). SID will be moving on to the round of 256 where they will play in an elimination tree until there is only one team standing.

We could work out scrimmages against other teams if we have enough interest on the team to continue playing Highlander.

-Digi

Post 1100 W00T
    edited October 2010
    Also in need of public mention:

Of the 13 players on our team, Jpparker88 was the only one that didn't play in either game. Planned backup for game one and he went to Disney Land yesterday. In this instance, lynching is acceptable.

Carry on,

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Jpparker88

.....who?:confused:
    edited October 2010
    LOL Josh, He's a coworker of mine. He's been on the team the whole time. I actually played the game yesterday on his rig (due to my vid card fail). He was there in spirit, like a cheerleader.

-Digi
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    LYNCH THE CHEERLEADER!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    moar liek cheerloser
    edited October 2010
    The 2nd match page has been corrected to show our tie. http://etf2l.org/matches/21673/ (Foxy K's steam ID is not being recognized, I shot him off a PM to work on that, if anyone has contact with him please bring this to his attn, I fear his participation metal is at stake)

I was wrong on the way they score the matches. Each map gives you points. So SID will have 8 points (2 x 4 wins), LoEI and BB will both have -1 (-1 x3 losses + 2 x1 win). Ether way SID deserves to move on. They were very well organized. I'll keep this thread updated with their progress.

-Digi
    edited December 2010
    Just wanted to throw a quick update to this. I hadn't thought about for a while until a certain McKenzie mentioned it at league last night.

Looks like they are currently 2 matches away from the round of 32 (then they will play to narrow to 16, then to 8....ect) you can follow the progress here.

The Team that won our Group, Simply Impenetrable Defense, were penetrated a couple rounds ago. I was rootin for them.

So once it's over we should be getting our medals.

Also this is still true:
    (Foxy K's steam ID is not being recognized... if anyone has contact with him please bring this to his attn, I fear his participation metal is at stake)

-Digi
    edited December 2010
    Been on him to fix that issue, he should be doing that...eventually...
    edited April 2011
    And it's finally done! http://etf2l.org/matches/24655/

Apparently you can watch the matches here if you wish.

^5 to all IC team members. Our medals should be here shortly. There are rumors of a major (class update sized) update dropping tonight or tomorrow. It is possible the medals will be included with that.

-Digi
    edited April 2011
    Did we WIN?!
    edited April 2011
    Yes
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I thought we came in second but won because of cuteness.
    edited July 2011
    Oh hey, remember this guys?

Go here and you can verify you are eligible for a medal: http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faq/redeem-medal/

I don't see anything about us actually getting the medals yet :-P

-Digi
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited July 2011
    There are placeholders in the game for these medals, along with several for other tournaments. You can see them in pages 23 and 24 of the Mann Co Catalog.

I don't think visiting the page is necessary to get your medal. Its just a nice reminder that they haven't forgotten about us.
    edited July 2011
    Sure would like to try a tournament again with a wee bit more formality and a formal leader person!
    edited July 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    Sure would like to try a tournament again with a wee bit more formality and a formal leader person!

ಠ_ಠ

There is hints of a tournament coming up in a recent update for TF2;
    Definitely did not add cheats for upcoming Free-2-Play Invitational Cup.

-Digi
    edited July 2011
    Ooh, I would love to do another tourney like this, and maybe be a bit more srs this time XD
    edited August 2011
    Frag movie from the last 8 teams of the tourney:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NWrZVybyiU4&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We still await medals

-Digi