How are you getting there in the first place? :D

<straightman>(StraightMan)
    SOBER!
    (/StraightMan)
    </straightman>
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    True... but a tent and sleeping bag is reusable :D

Plus, you could probably get both for about 150 bucks on Overstock.com. About the same as 3 nights in a hotel.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    True... but a tent and sleeping bag is reusable :D

Plus, you could probably get both for about 150 bucks on Overstock.com. About the same as 3 nights in a hotel.

Except in Final Fantasy VI, where sleeping bags cost 500 GP each, which can restore a single person to full. A tent is 1200 GP, but can revitalize an entire group. Sadly they are one-time-use items. :buck:

(remembered because Lynx is currently playing this game)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    RootWyrm wrote:
    SOBER!
    Yes, please do not return to your hotel room unless you can do so safely.

Floor & blanket > DUI.

I will sweeten the deal with a pillow if I must. :mouldy:
    edited October 2010
    the pillow shall be his supple lap.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    you are more than welcome to start said thread yourself :wink:

Yea...but I don't have a camera for taking pictures of everyone, uploading them to the forums, etc. We'll just play it by ear.
    edited October 2010
    The hotel people should pitch in for the coffee fund, and make coffee towards the end of the evening to help people sober up (after they have stopped drinking for a while).
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Yea...but I don't have a camera for taking pictures of everyone, uploading them to the forums, etc. We'll just play it by ear.

If you provide the gallery, I can bring the camera.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2010
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited October 2010
    Have fun everyone. Don't drink and drive. Also, depending on your drinking goals, do not be me.

Or be like me and live in infamy.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I am working late into the night to finish up my costume... Not as epic as I would like, but still going to be pretty sweet...
    edited October 2010
    I'm so excited about mine! I finished it today. I've never made a costume before, and am very proud of this one! It's pretty darn sexy, too! :D
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I totally phoned it in this year. Prepare for disappointment.
    edited October 2010
    Annes wrote:
    I totally phoned it in this year. Prepare for disappointment.

You're going as a lech?
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Well I'm finally finished... This took alot longer than I expected... 4 hours of sleep is going to make a fun day teaching the kiddies!! Oh well, I can sleep on the plane...
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    The hotel people should pitch in for the coffee fund, and make coffee towards the end of the evening to help people sober up (after they have stopped drinking for a while).

Not to be a buzzkill here (ha!), but I just want to clarify: the coffee is to replace alcohol, not to magically make you more alert and less drunk, right?

Drunk person + coffee != sober person
    Drunk person + coffee = less lazy drunk person.

I think we should start a fund to buy ICHQ an AlcoHAWK for the premises to ensure the safety of the guests for future parties. Just seems like a smart thing to do.
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    edited October 2010
    I'm glad I showed up.
    edited October 2010
    Always a wise decision!
    edited October 2010
    So many wise decisions last night....

Malibu-Coconut-lg.jpg
    +
    carlo_rossi_sangria_1.jpg
    edited October 2010
    P.S. Any pictures from last night?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    <object width="700" height="525"> <param name="flashvars" value="offsite=true&lang=en-us&page_show_url=%2Fphotos%2Ficrontic%2Fsets%2F72157625150250205%2Fshow%2F&page_show_back_url=%2Fphotos%2Ficrontic%2Fsets%2F72157625150250205%2F&set_id=72157625150250205&jump_to="></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/slideshow/show.swf?v=71649"></param&gt; <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/slideshow/show.swf?v=71649&quot; allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="offsite=true&lang=en-us&page_show_url=%2Fphotos%2Ficrontic%2Fsets%2F72157625150250205%2Fshow%2F&page_show_back_url=%2Fphotos%2Ficrontic%2Fsets%2F72157625150250205%2F&set_id=72157625150250205&jump_to=" width="700" height="525"></embed></object>
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Tons more pics up
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I though Lynx was going to be Commander Shepard???
    edited October 2010
    It was good to see everyone again. Event went well. Thanks to DJ Meph for the music. The costumes looked great. Everyone have a safe trip home.

And to the shit talking, trash smacking of Alidra and myself in the garage last night, well, I expected higher standards from Icrontians. Also, you should make sure I can't hear you through the garage door when you are talking behind my back ;)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    No matter what, don't squeeze the blue ones. The paint chips.
    edited October 2010
    I have blue paint chips all over my body that won't wash off....
    edited October 2010
    That party was off the hook. Everyone did an awesome job on their costumes. Sooooooo much fun was had.

I <3 you guys.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Back from my second ICOK. While I kind of miss Dunnigan and all his rampant Hook quotations, I still had a total blast. Thanks to Prime and Lincoln for hosting it again this year and letting a few of us crash here and there.

Also thanks to everyone who brought things to share, such as brews, confectioneries, candies, crave cases, and more. Special thanks to Ryan for hosting the beer tasting event. Now THAT was classy, and MUST be repeated again in the future!

The costumes were a riot, particularly Novak's "Where the Wild Things Are" furry thing. Damn tail rape, lol. Sorry I didn't have one this year; I'll just have to make up for it with some awesome win next year. Because as far as I'm concerned, I shall make a return to Oktoberfest 2011!
  • DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I'm so sad I missed this...on the verge of depression...
    edited November 2010
    Alidra and I are home safely and.....

WE DIDN'T BREAK UP!

:D:D:D:D