TF2 Item Trading Thread

2»

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    fatcat wrote:
    I miss the old TF2 where it didn't matter what hat you wore, what crafts what, etc

I don't miss the people bitching about me using the backburner though. :D

If you miss it, why don't you ever play it, HYPOCRITE!
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited October 2010
    I could upload a file that replaces all hats with the default if that's what anyone wants. I'm fairly sure it works on sv_pure 2 servers, such as IC.
  • edited October 2010
    Have: Unusual towering pillars of hats with vivid plasma
    Want: another multiclass hat with sunbeams or green flame.

add if interesting http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996531477
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I've got a Frying pan and a buncha crates, Make fair offer.

-Digi
    edited November 2010
    Does anyone have a Sam and Max set they are willing to trade me. I am looking for them for personal use, I will not trade them away. Apparently they are rather rare and people want insane amounts of items for them. I should have just bought the damn game when it came out. I am willing to give metal, almost anything in my backpack, make payments?

Let me know if you are willing to be awesome.

-Digi
    edited November 2010
    At least 11 Icrontians have the Soldier's Medal. If any of you feel like trading it for a mass of hats, metal and sexual favors, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Beartato wrote:
    At least 11 Icrontians have the Soldier's Medal. If any of you feel like trading it for a mass of hats, metal and sexual favors, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.

The soldier medal is not tradeable.
    edited November 2010
    Gattsu wrote:
    The soldier medal is not tradeable.
    According to the wiki they are:
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Gentle_Manne's_Service_Medal

And if they're not there is always gift wrap.
    edited November 2010
    Beartato wrote:
    According to the wiki they are:
    http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Gentle_Manne's_Service_Medal

And if they're not there is always gift wrap.

Oops, forgot about gift wrap. I remember trying to trade mine to a friend but it was untradeable, unless that changed. I would only be willing to trade mine for an unusual, a good one to like the demoman's fro with a piece sign or something.
    edited November 2010
    Actually, if there is anyone who doesn't play TF2 anymore, or at least often enough to miss it, I wouldn't mind hooking them up with $30, either in a Steam game or PayPal.

Valve's stance on trading items for out-of-game stuff is, "We don't care, but we won't help if you get scammed." I am perfectly okay with sending the game or cash first, so your risk is nil.

And Cris1s, I'll see what I can do about a fro with a peace logo.
    edited November 2010
    When I say I was willing to trade it, I used that quite loosely. I have grown quite attached to my medal. I've seen alot of posts in the trading thread of the steam user forums on medals today.
    edited November 2010
    Well you're asking far beyond what they're currently trading at, so the offer still stands for anyone with reasonable expectations.
  • YarlynaoYarlynao Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited November 2010
    If anyone's got a spare Halloween Solider Mask I'll gladly take it. I'll through in one or two scraps as my part of the deal
    edited November 2010
    Got an extra Stout Shako for trade.

Beartato,
    what's the Soldier's Medal worth?
    edited November 2010
    Stout Shako gone for a Chieftain's. Got an extra Alien Swarm parasite if someone is interested.

Anyone got a spare Natascha (preferably Vintage) and Black Box to trade?
    edited November 2010
    The soldier's medal is on-par with Max's Severed Head. Its worth about half of a decent to good unusual, or the same as a poor unusual.

Black Ops is frequently traded for good unusuals. It costs $60, half of that is $30, which is where I get the dollar amount I'm willing to give.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like the medal's value is dropping, in comparison to Max's head. Lots of demand from medal owners for the head, but not much the other way.
    edited November 2010
    I'll give you a hug for a nice unusual...
    edited November 2010
    Deals done. Thanks Rexxar~

2m7i05x.png
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    It's like ... It's like I don't even recognize this game anymore...
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    You don't.
    edited November 2010
    It's like a drug, sadly I admit I've spent more time just with the game open to do trades and such or idle on Trade servers then I do actually play anymore :-(

It's fun though and it feeds into the collector in me for free, which I can't say for the MTG stint I did before this.

BTW: if anyone bought the game in the last year (or didn't get the Ghastly Gibus in 2010) I have a couple Ghastlier Gibis' right now for trade, as always, if you are IC, I'll hook you up.

If anyone is interested to see the Digi collection you can see it Here in my backpack.

-Digi
    edited November 2010
    You can idle in textmode, which takes considerably less processor power and lets you minimize it. Its a great solution if you want to idle on a laptop that can't run TF2, or play a different game simultaneously without lost performance. Here's how to make a shortcut to an "idle mode" TF2.

1) Create a text file
    2) Add the following to it:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -nosound -novid -textmode +sv_password "putanypasswordhere" +map ctf_2fort
    3) Save as idle.bat
    4) Run it!

If you prefer to idle on a certain server, you can remove +sv_password and +map and connect through Steam's server browser or add +connect [server's IP].
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2010

Come on, you remember your old friend Team Commerce 2, right?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=28659&d=1289411140
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2010

Next time I join a server, everyone's going to stop and stare at my lack of fancy head covering. They'll be like "isn't that what the soldier looked like in 2007?"

If I had more time on my hands and Garry's Mod, I'd do a TF2 version of this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEiyBbP28g8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vEiyBbP28g8?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>