• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    we are good now, and dmg is active
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    we are good now, and dmg is active

oh hello damage :)

also, something's up, can't mine sand and who knows what else. Can hit it with a diamond shovel forever, it respawns, doesn't get added to your inventory
    edited November 2010
    I think the server needs to be restarted, started to run into areas where blocks can't be placed, blocks can't be destroyed, and now I can't pick anything up that drops.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Yea, something happened, I woke up to it not running (PC is still on).

I will reset before I head out for Thanksgiving.
    edited November 2010
    Quick update(to keep track of update issues): There is a client and server update, the server update is not mandatory. Notch is working on bugs and did this smaller updated to get started on them instead of stacking them all at once. He is going to change the client so updates aren't auto but ask for permission.

I still can't pick up items, I have placed all my items in a chest so if the server updates don't fix that then ryder you can try this on my character.

It seems like mobs spawn like crazy no matter what the lighting is, I am dropping torches like crazy trying to keep them out. You can kill mobs with the sword easily. If you turn difficulty to pacifist(the easiest setting) apparently it just makes mobs/creeps invisible because you will randomly take damage at night from something.

Last note, if you are mad and want to take a walk there is a bridge at the top of my stone reverse pyramid house. It goes to my cabin and takes about 7 minutes 50 seconds to walk, I timed it with auto walk on.
    edited November 2010
    Can't connect to server.
    edited November 2010
    Yea, it has to be on for that to happen.

2 updates to Hey0 and minecraft.jar all made.
    edited November 2010
    Could you try deleting the .dat file for my player? I still can't pick anything up.
    edited November 2010
    Done, hope it didn't delete all your buildings.
    edited November 2010
    awesome, I am good to go. Everything is still in place, it should never delete my buildings because they are world objects once I place them it would only ever affect things I was holding.

Thank you very much.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Baish_01.jpg
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Hopped in this morning. Things still seem pretty goofy.

For one, I spawned in an underground freefall and died, losing all of my stuff. Now I can't seem to get my stuff back via /kit :(
    edited November 2010
    Ya, that happened to me the first time I logged in after dmg was active. The kits should still work, I used them a couple of times because of glitches causing me to lose stuff, "/kit miningbasic" don't remember if there was an s at the end or not.
    edited November 2010
    Kit came back once I logged off and back on again. Things are REALLY laggy, though, and I find myself getting bounced back about 15 blocks or so periodically while I'm walking.
    edited November 2010
    yyyaaaa, thats life now. It happens to me occasionally but not at a horribly frustrating rate simply annoying. But I am also where no one else is around and have been on by myself mostly.
    edited November 2010
    Same here. I popped in to IC Central, but it's usually just me on the server when I'm there.
  • DeterminedCeleryDeterminedCelery That 12 year old Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    The icrontic Minecraft server ip is not working for me!!! What the f*** is wrong? >:D
    edited November 2010
    what IP are you using?
  • DeterminedCeleryDeterminedCelery That 12 year old Texas Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    nvm jimmy helped me
    edited November 2010
    Can we get a restart of the server, fish keeps getting dropped on a stream error
    edited November 2010
    done
    edited November 2010
    thank you
    edited November 2010
    Server down until Hey0 is updated.

Backup also just made of server.
    edited November 2010
    Hey0 updated
    edited November 2010
    IC Server updated and running.
    edited November 2010
    Thank you for your fast response Ryder, now never to sleep.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Trying the server now, but it seems to be running with huge amounts of lag compared to normal. Animals and mobs "warp" around (walk somewhere, pause, then bounce around quickly from place to place). Mine a series of blocks and they just sit there, then all disappear a 5-10 seconds later. Bows don't fire arrows half the time. I myself lagged out and "teleported" somewhere a few times, once resulting in death because it "threw" me off a cliff.

It's not unplayable, but figured I'd report about it.
This discussion has been closed.