One, Two, Or Three Monitors??

2»

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
  • PuppetoPuppeto Chattanooga, TN New
    edited November 2010
    They're not the monitor you mentioned earlier, but you may want to check out a pair of 24" Acer H243H monitors. I purchased two of them three months ago from Newegg for $425 shipped. I haven't had a single dead pixel, the contrast, brightness, and response times have been great. Not to mention they put my old 19" Dell 1910N monitor to shame.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009167&Tpk=acer%20h243h if you're interested.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited November 2010
    That Asus has been on my "short list" more than once! :wink: Almost pulled the trigger on 3 Sammy BX2450s (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001421&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL112210&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL112210-_-EMC-112210-Index-_-LCDMonitors-_-24001421-L0C) because of an insane offer but they are OTS. Right now have a "Best Offer" on the 'bay for 3 LG E2340Vs but dought that'll fly as I kept it in my original ebay buget. More than likely will end up buying 3 Samsung EX2220Xs.

After all the original plan was to mount these on a thriple monitor stand and the 22" (21.5) are the only ones with VERSA mounts!! ;D
    edited November 2010
    Okay ladies and gents my addition to my death wise is 3 of the following......Acer S231HLbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI LED-Backlight LCD on a supposedly early Black Friday deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009255

Now I just have to find a triple versa mount that doesn't brake the bank and before the boss finds out! :hair::wink:
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    jedihobbit wrote:
    Now I just have to find a triple versa mount that doesn't brake the bank and before the boss finds out! :hair::wink:

VESA.
    Vicar wrote:
    Dosen't ATI eyefinity allow you to game on 3 monitors?

A little off-topic, but if anyone finds this thread later, I wanted to drop a reminder that ATI Eyefinity requires one monitor to be connected via DisplayPort. Which may not seem like a big deal except that there aren't a whole lot of options right now, and if you want three identical monitors, then you may be paying a price premium three times over.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I have three Samsung 23" displays on two mounts, and one solution around the requiring a DisplayPort monitor is grabbing an active DisplayPort adapter. I have one that converts my DP into DVI, and I use that for 6144x1152 gaming. :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Gargoyle wrote:
    A little off-topic, but if anyone finds this thread later, I wanted to drop a reminder that ATI Eyefinity requires one monitor to be connected via DisplayPort. Which may not seem like a big deal except that there aren't a whole lot of options right now, and if you want three identical monitors, then you may be paying a price premium three times over.

Many vendors are now including a passive single-link DVI to DisplayPort adapter in the box with their GPUs. This will allow anyone with a monitor up to 1920x1200 to satisfy the DP requirements of Eyefinity.

These adapters can also be had for $30 or less, too. This is a new development in the Eyefinity ecosystem.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    or HDMI to DisplayPort also I am seeing with a lot of 6870's. And HDMI LCD's are pretty cheap-o

el cheap-o HDMI LCD with VESA mount compatibility just sayin'
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    Thrax's clarification is worth reiterating - you only need an active adapter if you need dual-link DVI for larger resolutions like mine. Don't spend $100 if you don't need to. :)
    edited November 2010
    jedihobbit wrote:
    Gargoyle wrote:

OOPS! Was looking at one of those (Toyota) before the wife decided on the Edge! ;D
  • litenkulitenku Maryland Member
    edited February 2011
    jedihobbit wrote:
    OOPS! Was looking at one of those (Toyota) before the wife decided on the Edge! ;D

Or were you looking at the Nissan Versa? Or the Toyota Verso?

:)
    edited February 2011
    litenku wrote:
    Or were you looking at the Nissan Versa? Or the Toyota Verso?

:)

;D The big Vers"O"