The Official 2010 Secret Santa (or Hanukkah Harry) Present Thread!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I got a completely bewildering thing in the mail today, and I cannot be sure that it is related to secret santa.

This is either a part of a gift that arrived first, a complete warehouse screw-up, or a weird practical joke that I don't get. Is this IC sekrit santa related halp?

avery_wtf.jpg

They are a 25 sheet package of Avery 8164 3 1/3" x 4" shipping labels?

It came from Amazon.com.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    So... apparently I posted in the wrong thread.... so: http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=772048&postcount=94
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    The threads should be merged into one... they are even in different forums!
    edited December 2010
    Thank you, TT <3

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="545" height="349" id="viddler_fc3e3fd"><param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/player/fc3e3fd/&quot; /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/player/fc3e3fd/&quot; width="545" height="349" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="viddler_fc3e3fd"></embed></object>
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    aaaand here's part 2 of your present :)

I *had* to do something homemade. Note that the template matches the Avery # you received.

Posting the editable template here so the community can make labels for the IcrontiBeer as well.

edit: oh damn the font I used is unique to Office 2007, apparently. Well, hopefully you have a cool one. I used a 'Studio 76' 70's style one for the 'IcrontiBeer' header.

Oh, and you're going to need to find someone who can do something with http://icrontic.com/beer for you. I'm sure you'll figure something out. :)
    edited December 2010
    Very cool! :)
    edited December 2010
    And I'm sure Magic would be glad to help if you decide to venture even further into beer-brewing ;)
    edited December 2010
    I got a completely bewildering thing in the mail today, and I cannot be sure that it is related to secret santa.

This is either a part of a gift that arrived first, a complete warehouse screw-up, or a weird practical joke that I don't get. Is this IC sekrit santa related halp?

Lulz. Hilarity.

Also: http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=771979&postcount=87 :)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I received a Card earlier today from my Secret Santa. Then later I got a box from him. I will open and detail when I get home today.

I also packaged up and shipped my gift off today. According to the tracking it should arrive on the 23rd.

-Digi
    edited December 2010
    Well played, sir... Well played. Awesome labels, awesome gift. Thank you so much <3
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Yes, *very* awesome labels.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Awesome labels! I nominate TT for best gift giver of the year!
    edited December 2010
    daww.

PDF copy attached for those without Office 2007.
    edited December 2010
    I opened my gift last night. My Secret Santa was Eggy :)

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/3174479/1/ICSS10?h=04f79e

Also not pictured was a hilarious Christmas Card.

I <4 it! Thank You Paolo!

-Digi
    edited December 2010
    oooooh! Macallan 15! That's nice! :thumbsup:
  • AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I hear I have a sekrit santa package at my house... Don't get off for another 7 hours... /sadpanda
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    that Crazy Joe got me. first item was a Steam Gifted...

game-borderland.jpg

then today I gotz a package

ss3.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    ss2.jpg

woot. disney beer stein, borderlands, good times.

mucho gracious sir Crazy Joe :rockon:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Lets play Borderlands together Fatcat. It's an awesome game.
    edited December 2010
    Finally home!! Aces on your wonderful choices CB!!! It's a wonderfully appropriate gift!! Thank you SO much! <3

IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg

PS. I squeed a little on the super nerdtastic tea names!!
    edited December 2010
    Awesome gifts, everyone!
    edited December 2010
    I agree! Some great presents!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I think the pirate chai was the best part of that.
    edited December 2010
    Delivered... Someone's got a package at home on the door step :-D

-Digi
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I finally got back online today. I got the second half of my gifts yesterday which included a container of delicious cookies (gluten free of course) and a sweet Oregon Trail T-Shirt where I die of Dysentery (doesn't everyone?)

My sekrit santa was awesome enough to also gift me Fallout 3 while I was still hooked up to high speed internet at school so I could download it and enjoy it over the break. I'll probably go back to playing it after I kick my little brother off of Crysis Warhead :rolleyes:

I'm about 95% sure I should thank the ever amazing and awesome Shwaip for the gifts and "supplieses". Thanks a lot! The cookies held up well, very few become crumbified during the journey. :)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Yup, it was me. Never made gluten free cookies before, I thought they tasted just about the same as those with gluten :)

(also stupid FO3 went on sale the day after I bought it for you :P)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Ryder sent my a trio of festively papered items. For a moment, I considered sticking them under the tree, and opening them on Christmas eve, since it's so close, but then I forgot, and tore them open. :)

Inside, I found items which I have been wanting/needing for some time.

I received a new vise grip which is also not a vise grip; a wallet card multi-tool, which I need now that I don't wear cargo pants to work anymore, and thusly have no place to put a normal multi-tool; and a Donkey Kong themed Jenga set, in which players compete to get their Mario up to the top of a girdered tower.

Thanks, Ryder!

:cool2:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Donkey Kong Jenga. Well if that isn't a bucket of awesome, I don't know what is.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Got mine from mertesn today.

A nice handwritten card (awww)
    Cookies (yum, and intact)
    zombie dice (not as tasty, but should be fun)
    Win Lose or Banana (Banana!)
    A t-shirt with lots of people i don't recognize (:))
    Buckyballs! Time to add more to my collection ^^

Thanks!
    edited December 2010
    Tushon wrote:
    I think the pirate chai was the best part of that.

Will have to let you know. Put it into action today and enjoyed some delicious earl grey this morning.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Mine arrived today also.

I received a nice handwritten note from a young lady named Laura, something about boobs, cops, and donuts.

In the picture are some "Ghost Chile" salted caramel from Theo chocolate in Seattle, 3 gift cards to Sweetwaters donuts and the Pièce de résistance: A CD with Laura singing Auld Lang Syne and a video of her telling "'Twas the night before Christmas" with me as the main character.

Thank you Marushka! <3