Great Lakes Brewery

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited January 2011 in Food & Drink
I visited the Great Lakes Brewery in Cleveland a few weeks ago and I was very surprised at the overall atmosphere. I visited their pub an expected to find something with the resemblence of a commercialized chain restaurant, but instead it felt like a little hole in the wall pub. Although Great Lakes is by no means on the scale of Anheuser-Busch, I expected it to be a bit larger. Either way their beer is 10x better than any variation of Budweiser.

I had some recently brewed Dortmunder and it was incredible, by far one of my favorites. Their Christmas ale is also pretty damn good too. Has anyone else visited the brewery before?

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Nice! I love Great Lakes, I want to try their Doppelrock really bad. Their Christmas is awesome.

Did you take any pictures?
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I am shamed. I live about 30 minutes from the Brewpub and have not yet visited.
    Go back in 2 weeks. They'll have the absolutely PHENOMENAL Conway's Irish Ale on tap. Cannot get enough of that stuff, just amazing.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Great Lakes is top notch.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Nice! I love Great Lakes, I want to try their Doppelrock really bad. Their Christmas is awesome.

Did you take any pictures?

No I didn't, but I'm moving to Cleveland in a few months for a new job and I guarantee I'll be back to the brewery many times. :cheers:
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    tmh88 wrote:
    No I didn't, but I'm moving to Cleveland in a few months for a new job and I guarantee I'll be back to the brewery many times. :cheers:

Seriously? What part? I'm over on the West side.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2011
    I'll be working in Euclid but I still have to find a place to live. I'm getting an apartment with a friend who has lived there his whole life so I'm sure he'll know all the "good" places to live.