Don't expand the map too much while looking for lapis lazuli

TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
edited January 2011 in Minecraft
Mojang have acknowledged that it's far too rare as is, and that each block doesn't drop enough.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/f3gvo/lapis_lazuli_is_far_too_rare/

So, if we all go tear-assin' across the world, generating new chunks to find the stuff, we're screwing ourselves. I think we can do without blue and purple wool until they patch that in, yes? Thoughts?

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I read that also. I've been holding off until the update.

-Digi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    The last word from Jeb there seems to be that the solution will be to make each block drop more, rather than make the blocks more common, so generating new chucks isn't really an issue. But, whatever blocks one finds right now, one should probably leave to harvest later.
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited January 2011
    CB wrote:
    The last word from Jeb there seems to be that the solution will be to make each block drop more, rather than make the blocks more common, so generating new chucks isn't really an issue. But, whatever blocks one finds right now, one should probably leave to harvest later.

Hmm. That works too, but it can't hurt until we know for sure, yes?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    It hurts you in that you are "wasting" blocks if you pull them now and they end up dropping more later, and only biding time if they end up not changing them.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I've tried harvesting a few of the lapiz that I've found and even after the latest update that said it's supposed to have changed the drop rate it still has only been dropping one. Anyone else having the same issue?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Yep.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I believe the reason the update hasn't really "worked" is because he only updated it for the client and simply increased the version number on the server to match. Meaning that SSP is the only one that likely has this change.