What 'ya buildin?

2»

Comments

• TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited December 2010
    cola wrote:
    Once you're finished, can we do a MARP of the movie?

She won't look like much, but she'll have it where it counts, kid!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    YUSH!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    My mine is becoming too large to be manageable, and I like it. Ran into a MASSIVE cave system today, took me about an hour just to light it and clear it of creepers and another 2 to make sure I mined everything out of it that I found. Still need to figure out if/when I'm building a proper house and where that might be.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I'm building a giant hole in the ground.
    You think I'm joking, but I'm not. Rootwyrm's Eyesore(TM) in town will be tasteful, discreet, and six miles deep.
    Probably not the best idea, since I have no torches.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    As long as there's no way to get out of it, I think we're ok with that.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Ive been building The Arches De Digi a few days to the south. The original plan was to mine for Blue dye but it turns out I hadn't gone to new land, someone else (Tony!) had already ventured out there after the last map generation but before the update. With the new map I should be able to easily find new land and find some Lapiz.

Maybe I'll wait 'til the next update as Jeb has confirmed the distribution amount will be raised in the next update.

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Man... if Notch keeps adding new stuff like this, we're going to end up with either a massively huge map or having to start over.
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited January 2011
    I'm starting a house off to the north...ish. And working on an undisclosed project in a very large cave system near the intersection of my northbound and westbound tunnels.

I suppose I could mention my underground Farmville, as well, since I'm still in the process of piping some grass out there.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I just built a new mine far to the Northwest, in previously undiscovered territory. I'd like to find enough lapis lazuli to make the center of the compass rose from blocks of it (72 pieces).
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Mechfox wrote:
    I'm starting a house off to the north...ish. And working on an undisclosed project in a very large cave system near the intersection of my northbound and westbound tunnels.

I suppose I could mention my underground Farmville, as well, since I'm still in the process of piping some grass out there.

I think desert and water areas cover some of the most crazy cave systems. I chose a desert island just west of the North Line stop and found an enormous cave system leading W about 10m above bedrock.

I've been exploring it for days, it seems like it has no end and has the biggest caverns I've ever seen in the game, far taller than the torchlight can reach.

I call it the TerraMax 1 mine.

My goal is to singlehandedly conquer its vast caverns and tunnels - it'll be the first cave I've ever really explored in SMP.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    The maze has been up for while now, so I figured I'd share my original sketch of the design.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    CB wrote:
    The maze has been up for while now, so I figured I'd share my original sketch of the design.

I loved that maze. I could tell you really put some thought into it. Thanks for sharing the design sketch; it's neat to see the plans on paper. :D
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    5 more plots available at Turnip Castle! I'm not planning on making any more after these are gone.
    edited February 2011
    I built a Shyguy over on 1st road (road from Eastern Road to DigiLand) and a mushroom house on Skeleton road. I'm currently collecting black wool to finish up the Shyguy, has some cobble place markers right now, and I need to finish off the roof of the Mushroom house now that I've gathered more wool.

I plan to add more pixel art along there as soon as I build up wool/dye again.

Both can be seen pretty well on the newly generated map along with LOTS of other new stuff.

What have you guys been up to?
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2011
    Completed the shell of the Falcon. Still need to do the cockpit arm, the interior, the landing gear, the boarding ramp, the turrets, and the comm dish.
    edited March 2011
    Currently working on 2 things:

Extending Skeleton Road out past my bridge out to Blue Mine. I've got it out to the bridge now, couple hundred more meters to the mine.

In my house I am working on The Grand Library.

-Digi
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited March 2011
    Building a roller coaster of death, and fixing cola's 1/2 of colas secret mountain door that I locked on accident.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Building giant pyramid in the great northern wilderness, after that I'm gonna extend the minecart track out to there
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    When you've completed your projects, please be sure to post the exact coordinates here: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92020

I've got a pretty good map going, will post this week. Using this map to develop the rail system in April.