Protected Chests?

2»

Comments

• TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Okay, LWC is installed on the test server. The test server is also updated to a more recent bukkit build. It doesn't look like LWC is fully functional yet. Protecting chests isn't working and it's a known issue judging by the LWC thread.

Does that mean chests can't be protected from other players or from those rat-bastard creepers and/or lava?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I'm assuming both.... when you go to apply the protection, it doesn't actually do anything. If you check the info on the chest/furnace/whatever afterwards it shows that it's not registered
    edited February 2011
    ahh shit. oh well. :(
    edited February 2011
    Good news, the bukkit build that I installed on the test server tonight resulted in LWC working. I'd like people to give the test server some thorough testing for the next couple days. If there aren't any show-stoppers I'll move the newer build and LWC into production.
    edited February 2011
    hot damn! i'll take a peek soon as i get a chance!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Did some testing, reporting in test server thread.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    LWC is installed on the Official server now. While it doesn't appear to work fully (seems you can still destroy protected chests) it is better than nothing. If you don't use it, the chests you place still behave as normal allowing anyone to use them. At the very least, I'd suggest using lwc to mark you chests as public if you don't want to protect them so that someone else can't come through and protect your chest, thereby stealing it.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    LWC is installed on the Official server now. While it doesn't appear to work fully (seems you can still destroy protected chests) it is better than nothing. If you don't use it, the chests you place still behave as normal allowing anyone to use them. At the very least, I'd suggest using lwc to mark you chests as public if you don't want to protect them so that someone else can't come through and protect your chest, thereby stealing it.

Does all of your stuff splash out when a LWC protected chest is broken?
    edited February 2011
    I don't actually know... I was able, on the test server, to destroy a chest that bobbydigi protected. I don't know if there was actually anything in it though.
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    I don't actually know... I was able, on the test server, to destroy a chest that bobbydigi protected. I don't know if there was actually anything in it though.

The password protected one or the private one? or both?

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    Good question. Pretty sure it was the password protected one... the one that had a furnace next to it.
    edited March 2011
    I'd like to test LWC some more. Bobby, I know you're busy of late, but is there any time you would be able to jump on the test server (preferably at night or on the weekend) with me and put it through some paces? I'd also like a 3rd party to log in as well to aid in the testing (in case my account being an OP screws with LWC)
    edited March 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    I'd like to test LWC some more. Bobby, I know you're busy of late, but is there any time you would be able to jump on the test server (preferably at night or on the weekend) with me and put it through some paces? I'd also like a 3rd party to log in as well to aid in the testing (in case my account being an OP screws with LWC)

Yup Yup, tonight or tomorrow night. And I have my daughters account. If I am able to borrow the step daughters laptop, I can be on both accounts at once.

I'll keep an eye on IRC, hit me up when you wanna rock.

-Digi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    (in case my account being an OP screws with LWC)

I think it does.

The other day, I was able to access the locked chests of the other Mitey Worriers. I thought it was just a glitch, but now that you mention it, I remember that you made me an OP in order that I may work on my compass rose at spawn, so that must be why.
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I think you're right CB as I've been able to access/destroy/etc. any chests on the test server whenever I've tried.
    edited March 2011
    Okay, I installed the latest version of LWC and the latest recommended bukkit build on the test server. I'm out of work at 8 tonight. I'll probably be available for testing around 9 if you'll be around Bobby. If anyone else could also be there, it would be most helpful.
    edited March 2011
    I'll be on. Have access to two accounts now also to test.

-Digi