The "I Just Died" Thread

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Minecraft
Just like the title states, Post when you die.

Maybe give a description of how and where you died. Maybe what you had on you when you dies and did you make it back to pick it up?

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I was scouting out a giant cavern I came across under Digiland in my Admin level mine. Yesterday went great, got quite a bit of it checked out and gatherd almost a full stack of iron and 2 diamonds. Today continued on to uncharted parts got cornered by a zombie near lava. Couldn't get my bow out in time to hold him back. I died for the first time since we started this map on the server :(

I ran back to my house from spawn, didn't bother to stop for anything and down into my cavern, quickly lost where I was and didn't make it back in time to collect anything back. From what I can remember I lost:

2-3 stone picks
    1 iron pick
    2-3 stone shovels
    2 stone swords
    1 bow + ~100 arrows
    2 Buckets of water
    Some wood
    Some red stone + ~10 redstone torches
    ~120 torches
    ~5 gold ore
    ~10 iron ore

I then died a second time fighting a zombie hand-to-hand.

I'm going back to find the place I first died and make a monument. Then I'm going pumpkin hunting.... fuck caverns.

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I don't have the luxury of saying I haven't died in Minecraft since anytime, I do it way too much, but funny story. I was working on the giant undisclosed project to the southwest of town, and happened to be adding the finishing touches, when suddenly a zombie falls out of the sky and eats my face right over the edge of what I was building...I fell to my death...Diddn't have anything important, but achievement unlocked nonetheless.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I've died several times, mostly from confronting monsters unprepared. I'm so glad we have a skeleton grinder now!

If you've died, this is for you.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Was scouting some caverns and made an idiot mistake and fell into lava. Lost everything I had, including 16 diamond, a ton of iron, and some gold. Then with the java exception yesterday, I lost a bunch of gold, diamond, and tools.

I was a sad panda, but that just means I get to mine some more.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    I died walking down BobbyDigi's ladder and he was walking up it and the physics engine threw me down his hole. lol.
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, now known as Zanthian's Ladder, it's a ladder from sea level (in my house) straight to bedrock. I use the method of "stepping away" from the ladder to get down quickly. Zanthian and CrazyJoe saw me going up from down there and wanted to connect our mines so they asked that I go back down. Yeah... I didn't step back to the ladder quick enough and hit the ground. No deaths for months then 3 in one day.

No items lost. Was able to get back to my house and down to pick everything back up.

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2010
    Every time I hear Celine Dion sing I die a little inside... does that count?
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I have died so many times on my latest project I can get back and get my stuff (which is about a kilometer from spawn) before it disappears.

Good times!
    edited January 2011
    So I was extremely excited today, as I finally had the materials to build a short range TNT cannon, and I went up to the great snowy north to test my skills. I had a target set up just outside short render distance range and everything was set up perfectly. I pressed the first button, counted it down, and pressed the second one. BOOM! Half a heart left, and looking at the crater I was standing in, all I could think of was "What went wrong?" Then out of the sky came the TNT block I had tried to fire, landing smugly at my feet as if to say, "HAHAHAHAHA JACKASS!" It blew me up and most of the stuff I had with me.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I just died because CrazyJoe was swinging his diamond sword around, and accidentally STABBED ME IN THE FACE THREE TIMES!
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    that guy's a menace to society
    edited January 2011
    Just died working in a pillar at the Arches. fell down a lighter trying to replace some torches. I logged off for a bit, came back on, left my house at noon one (ingame) day, camped as soon as it got dark, and got back to the work site around noon the next day, all of my stuff was still there!

Items stay longer then I thought. At least one gameday cycle.

-Digi
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I'll add 10x deaths by mobs for me. Extending rail to remote areas is dangerous work.
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited January 2011
    I was running around on the water near Dargon's ship, tried to get on, the game lagged something fierce, and five minutes of trying to get the game to quit spazzing out and let me on the ship didn't help. I drowned and lost several stacks of dirt and a stack of flowers that I'd intended on using. Very annoying.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Just died working in a pillar at the Arches. fell down a lighter trying to replace some torches. I logged off for a bit, came back on, left my house at noon one (ingame) day, camped as soon as it got dark, and got back to the work site around noon the next day, all of my stuff was still there!

Items stay longer then I thought. At least one gameday cycle.

-Digi

That timing is very inconsistent in my experience. The wiki says fifteen minutes, but I've experienced both much shorter and much longer times than that.
    edited January 2011
    It also depends on if the chunk is loaded on the server. If no one else is nearby, the chunk doesn't get updated and they just sit there until someone comes within viewing distance.
    edited February 2011
    attachment.php?attachmentid=28834&stc=1&d=1297828499
    Curiosity got the best of me...
    edited March 2011
    Died many a deaths last night at the hands of Hitman's grinder. Man that was fun!

-Digi
    Bumping this thread in prep of the server restart today.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    UPSLynx was the first casualty on the server... :-)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    PVP! Batman is OP!
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I threw myself into a cactus...and then I died a second time trying to ride a cow.
    Creepers, always the Creepers that get me. 4-5 times tonight.

-Digi
    Lava in this game despises me, 10 minutes into logging in I fell into the lava pit trying to get away from creeps, then while exploring the town I fell into @UPSLynx's 'Trash disposal'
    "Takin out the trash"
    Started building a mineshaft at X:269.3 went down to about Y:16.5 before I started moving dirt and rocks, an hour in I had found 3-4 caverns (And accidentally broke into the one _k_ found) and from my own systems I had about 64 units of gold and iron, 45 lapis lazuli, and 17 units of redstone.

Unfortunately I got lost and in trying to find my way back to my own tunnel I noticed that I had to make a land bridge across a lava pit. While building my damned finger slipped and I got roasted alive, over 2 hours of work gone and all the materials I was going to bring back to IC town.

Lava. Freaking. Hates. Me.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    L2Shift? :P

That sucks!
  • If you were logged in recently, you may have noticed the following items in the notifications:

"ghoosdum has logged in"
    "ghoosdum was killed by a zombie"

I literally died the instant I connected to the server.
  • ... I should write a bukkit plugin that randomly spawns zombies next the player as soon as they log in. For the lulz.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Do it. Easy levels......The Sagas of K are coming.....