Bukkit Test Server

ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Minecraft
As I mentioned in the official server thread, I have a bukkit test server up and running. Up until now, I have not left it running but only put it up when I wanted to play around with bukkit. I think I'm going to start leaving it up round the clock (since I should have the resources available to do so). This way, people can help me test bukkit so when it is released officially I will have a good implementation ready to roll out to the official server.

If you would like to be whitelisted for the test server, ask me (yes, I am running a Whitelist plugin on it). This server is also running the SimpleAtlanta and SimpleHome plugins from here: http://immortal-forces.net/

I would prefer that people not be total dicks on this server, but I don't think the rules need to be as strict here. Just don't run around blowing everything up or killing other people (that didn't agree to a deathmatch).

Server: minecraft.ardichoke.info:25566

Also, any chance I can be made a mod for the Minecraft forum? Seeing as how I'm running the "official" server and all...

Comments

• MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited January 2011
    I'd like to be whitelisted, please. MalpercioGoC is the name.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    While you are at it you can toss me on the Whitelist: bobbydigital

What Map is on here? Newly generated?

Some tips based off of Ardi's plugins:
    SimpleAtlanta
    * /tp [name] (teleports you to [name])
    * /tphere [name] (teleports [name] to you)
    * /spawn (teleports you to the spawn point)
    * /who (same as who)
    * /list (lists all online players on the server)
    SimpleHome
    * /home (teleports you home)
    * /sethome (sets your homepoint)

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Malpercio wrote:
    I'd like to be whitelisted, please. MalpercioGoC is the name.

Added, also added BobbyDigi

Map is a newly generated one. I built a little fort near spawn when I originally started playing around with bukkit. Otherwise the world is pristine at this point.
    edited January 2011
    Oh boy... there's a Jail plugin for bukkit. Could be used to punish our thieves... http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admin-jail-v0-2-jail-bad-players.1912/
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    add me, ninjakingcola
    edited January 2011
    added
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    also me. cbdroege.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    do want bukkit. Please add ghoosdum.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    I would be in for messing around. Whitelist please.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Please add Colgere to the whitelist. Thanks!
    edited January 2011
    All of the above have been added.

Zanthian, since you didn't list your username, I assumed it was the same as your forum user name
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    You are correct sir.
    edited January 2011
    Whoever has the house just up above spawn, I'm sorry :-S

I spawned at night and went into that house. I was looking around just outside and a creeper bombed me from the trees above. I patched it the best I could. This then repeated again and a spider killed me. A 3rd creeper hit while I was patching again. The place is in tact but some Wood went missing and was replaced with dirt. Also I ended up with 4 torches that I don't know where they went, so I put them in your chest.

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    If you're talking about the laddered safehouse, it's fine as long as the chests are okay. There is some pretty expensive materials in those chests waiting to be inserted into the compass rose.
    edited January 2011
    This was on the Bukkit test server, not Icrontia

-Digi
    edited January 2011
    He's talking about the test server CB, not the official server ;)
    edited January 2011
    Oops didn't notice what thread I was in.
    edited January 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Whoever has the house just up above spawn, I'm sorry :-S

I spawned at night and went into that house. I was looking around just outside and a creeper bombed me from the trees above. I patched it the best I could. This then repeated again and a spider killed me. A 3rd creeper hit while I was patching again. The place is in tact but some Wood went missing and was replaced with dirt. Also I ended up with 4 torches that I don't know where they went, so I put them in your chest.

-Digi

It's probably mine, but that's alright, doesn't bother me too much, haha. I should have expected spawns up in that tree.
    edited January 2011
    Has anyone noticed major issues with the test server thusfar? How much have you all been using it?

I haven't really seen any issues with it, though I haven't played much. If no one else has encountered any major bugs I'm going to move the real server to bukkit so that the whitelist can be re-implemented. I'll be leaving the test server up as a place to dick about and test new plugins before adding them to the official server.
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Has anyone noticed major issues with the test server thusfar? How much have you all been using it?

I haven't really seen any issues with it, though I haven't played much. If no one else has encountered any major bugs I'm going to move the real server to bukkit so that the whitelist can be re-implemented. I'll be leaving the test server up as a place to dick about and test new plugins before adding them to the official server.

I've been trying to log a bit of time in on the server. I've been mining, and I've been exploring a bit, and so far, I haven't noticed any problems except the standard graphical glitches with block shadows and whatnot. Seems to run just fine, though!
    edited January 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Also, any chance I can be made a mod for the Minecraft forum? Seeing as how I'm running the "official" server and all...

I'm not sure where to do this but I 2nd this request so Ardi can at least change the first page of the Official server thread with new info.

I'm currently searching for the current map link. I think I read that we can download the current map at any time?

Thanks for any help,

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    Time for a thread revival. I'm going to attempt to update the test server with new builds of craftbukkit on a daily (or at least near-daily) basis. If people are able to log in for a bit and poke about the server, we should be able to get a good idea of what builds are good enough for the official server and which ones are not. Hopefully this will help us avoid things like the sudden loss of burning logs.
    edited February 2011
    Well... I've been mostly failing at nightly updates. I did update the test server tonight though. The build I installed seems to have made the lwc plugin work, so that's awesome. I'm thinking of moving this build to the official server. My guinea pigs, please to be doing some testing? Let me know if you find any major issues.
    edited February 2011
    I'm on if someone else can hop on then we can test messin with each others chests :-P

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    Got on and was able to create public chests and private chests and password protected chests.

I was not able to break a chest with password protection on. (well it would break but come right back)

I was able to break a public chest but I'm not sure if that is because I placed it.

I placed two extra chests without protection for others to test. I went into the little shack off of spawn and was able to put a password on the chest that was in there. I am not able to figure out how to remove the password protection. This means that simply placing a chest does not set you as the owner, others could in turn set protection on it.

-Digi
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    This means that simply placing a chest does not set you as the owner, others could in turn set protection on it.

-Digi

That's a little alarming. :(

Ideally, only the person who creates the chest can set it to protected.
    edited February 2011
    I don't think there are hooks to allow a plugin to watch for chest placement and automatically set ownership. You can always just use lwc to set a chest to public after you place it (thus leaving permissions the default while taking ownership). Either way, if you don't use lwc chests/furnaces/etc. behave the same as default.
    edited February 2011
    I'm interested to know if someone can destroy the chest that I set to public. also what happens when you try to access the chest I set as private.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    I am as well, sadly I've got a lot of stuff going on right now which is making it hard for me to find time to log in. Where are all the other testers?
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2011
    i had planned on logging in to test LWC right around 530 EST today. :)