Feb 22 or 23 Update Discussion

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2011 in Minecraft
Jeb has put out some interesting Tweets this morning:

The next update will be next Tuesday or Wednesday and will have an option to turn on ambient occlusion.

:rockon:

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2011
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ready-for-bed/

Build beds and sleep away the night in SSP. Unclear what effect it will have in SMP, but at least it will be an actual piece of craftable furniture.

New launcher is available now for testing!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftDo...ftLauncher.jar

Here's Notch's tweet to show that is legit: http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/38621269331025921

Just right click the file and hit "Open with..." and slect Java SE Binary Platform, if you're on Windows. Or you can launch it from the command line. Works great and is nifty!
    edited February 2011
    Links are broken from copy paste: 1st link is here

For the Lazy:
    When it first appears next week, building yourself a bed will mean you can skip night times by taking a nap, and jump up to catch the dawn, ready to continue your daylight explorations. That’s phase one.

Phase two will have a larger impact on how you play. Some time next month another update will appear that means the last bed you slept in will be your new respawn point.

2nd, download link, Here
    edited February 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Links are broken from copy paste: 1st link is here

For the Lazy:

2nd, download link, Here

Ahh shit. Looks like the forum truncated them for some reason. My bad.
    edited February 2011
    All good. Forum truncates longer URLs so they are not huge blobs of text. Thanks for posting the info. The way they are implementing it is very interesting. Might actually get me to play single player again.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    All good. Forum truncates longer URLs so they are not huge blobs of text. Thanks for posting the info. The way they are implementing it is very interesting. Might actually get me to play single player again.

-Digi

Yeah. I was exclusively single-player for about 5 months until I joined the Icrontinent. I even ended up deleting my first/only SSP world. I had done so much goofy shit in it, making rookie mistakes and being inefficient with my resource gathering and use, that I just wiped it out.

I ended up starting a new SSP world right after the lapis lazuli patch, and it had a gorgeous spawn area. So, I've been saving the world file, completely untouhed, until I get in the mood for some single-player stuff again. :)
    edited February 2011
    Yes, Yes, YES!!

*Lapis Lazuli now drops 4-8 pieces when mined instead of 1 in SMP.
    *Sulphur renamed back to Gunpowder
    *Players no longer glitch when standing on fences in SMP

-Digi