Icrontic St. Patty's 2011

AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and HubrisAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited April 2011 in Community
Ah. So delicious.

4439235522_f84d83066e.jpg

Hello, my name is Anne. It's been 113 days since my last Icrontic event. *pauses for claps* It's been difficult staying clean for so long, and I fear that I'll have a relapse around day 137.

Why, you ask?

IC St. Patty's! March 17th - March 20th, 2010

What? Icrontic's annual St. Patrick's Day party. It's a blast, you should come.

Where? ICHQ in Warren, MI. The starter home for the Icrontic Commune until we can find a nice plot of land somewhere up north.

When? Like I said, March 17th - 20th.

Why? Because Icrontic is more than a site for tech news - we're a group of people who truly enjoy each other's company. We're also all pretty damned good looking so we like to get together and stare at each other's hotness every once in awhile.

We've all been through this before, so go ahead and sign up. This thread is the place for comments and questions about the event and also commenting on how good looking you think you are. If you're not comfortable asking your question or making your comment here then shoot me a PM.

There WILL be some ground rules for this event. I'm compiling them now and will be posting shortly. If you don't comply with the ground rules (don't worry, they're not painful, just respectful) then we'll sic Pragtastic on you - he's spent the past 100 days developing an appetite for human flesh.

IN
Primesuspect
Lincoln
Annes
Pragtastic
Thrax
RootWyrm
CB
Magic
ZenMode
GnomeQueen
SpencerForHire
TiberiusLazarus
RyderOCZ
Piggeh
WagsFTW
HumerusMeg

Tentative
Cannon

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    in
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Ground Rules

1) No fireworks. You may think this rule is superfluous - it's not. We're serious.

2) No messy drinks inside - this includes ICBs or anything you make if your name is "pigflipper." These drinks are fine out in the garage but please, for the sake of the kitchen, tables, and floor - keep them outside.

3) If you need to unplug something, ASK FIRST. Also, plug it back in whenever you're done. If it contains oil, don't leave it on the tables (see the table theme?)

4) Be mindful of messy shoes - the carpet has taken a beating, we don't need to punish it any further. Either take them off (best choice!) or wipe them thoroughly before walking into the house. We'll be acquiring mats.

5) Make your mothers proud. We're all adults. We know how to act. If you wouldn't want someone to do it in your house, don't do it in Brian & Matt's.

There may be more added as I think of them, but number 5 is the gist. Brian and Matt are awesome enough to let us into their home for the weekend, let's not fuck it up. We can have fun and not trash the place at the same time - I promise.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    So very in.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    In.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Annes wrote:
    Ground Rules
    4) Be mindful of messy shoes - the carpet has taken a beating, we don't need to punish it any further. Either take them off (best choice!) or wipe them thoroughly before walking into the house. We'll be acquiring mats.

Just bring slippers or house shoes.

Whats the theme? Toga? Clothing optional?

Count me in.
    edited February 2011
    CB wrote:
    In.

Will Betsy be coming as well?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    You know the horrible irony of someone unplugging that damned oil scenter? The OTHER outlet is taken by a 10-outlet powerstrip laying on the ground to make sure guests have enough power. :tim:
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Totally in.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Definitely in. I think we should all wear corsets. BECAUSE I LOVE MINE. SO THERE. I DO NOT NEED A REASON.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I think we should also have a formal night- a night when we all dress up in some sort of formal gear and head out to an unformal place for the lols. I might wear my prom dress. Heh.

edit

For the record my double post shows ENTHUSIASM.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    ARRRGGG!!!! Week AFTER spring break. I am going to seriously try to swing this though, I need to get away for a few days.

Also, are my drinks that infamous?
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited February 2011
    In, if there was any question.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    In. Will be flying in, so if I could request a ride from someone I'd be glad to provide gas/etc for it. Still trying to figure out what time. Will probably be either Wednesday evening or thursday afternoon if those work for peoples.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    In.

Jimmeh, if you want to do Thursday sometime, I will pick you up on the way in.

Piggeh, same thing if a Thursday arrival will work for you.
    edited February 2011
    I believe Eli and I will be rolling into town on Wednesday so we can coordinate airport pickups then if people are down.
    edited February 2011
    Well, I will be buying my plane ticket on Friday when I get my monthly living stipend. Trying to find a flight that will get me there early/mid afternoon thursday, but it really depends on if I have an exam on Friday.

I could leave on Wednesday, but I have to drive to either Orlando or Jacksonville to get a ticket less than $300, so drive down wednesday night after class and hop on an early flight the next day. This will be on a shoestring budget, but like I said, I am not sure I can make EPIC and I haven't seen y'all in almost 2 years, so ICSP seemed like a good time to get away from Florida.
    edited February 2011
    Annes wrote:
    Will Betsy be coming as well?

She's not sure yet.
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I can go with US Airways for $213 leaving @ 5:45am and arriving @ 9:45am with one stop or I can go with Soutwest for $167 + bags free but one stop on the way up, two on the way back.

Opinions? Can someone find cheaper fare than that?

EDIT: it turns out no one on the web lists flights as roundtrip anymore, you have to pay seperate for each portion of the flight. Take that southwest fare and double it for roundtrip, so 300+ instead of 167.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    SO very in! I can't wait to see everyone again :D
    edited February 2011
    Piggy,
    I do my searches using hipmunk.com now. If you come in on Wednesday and leave on Sunday and you travel from Orlando it's showing direct flights for $217 on AirTran.
    edited February 2011
    We all have to stay in hotels this time, right? That's the rule now?

Should we have a separate thread for figuring out hotel room sharing?
    edited February 2011
    Annes wrote:
    Piggy,
    I do my searches using hipmunk.com now. If you come in on Wednesday and leave on Sunday and you travel from Orlando it's showing direct flights for $217 on AirTran.

Class Wed until 7pm and then its a 4+ hour drive to Orlando.

Also, what are the sleeping rules?
    edited February 2011
    Really, what are sleeping arrangements going to be? Need to know this asap.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Matt's still at work; when he gets home we'll talk about it and have an answer for you.
    edited February 2011
    Ok, thanks Prime.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    The word is: If you're flying in, you can crash in the house. Otherwise, get a hotel please.
    edited February 2011
    Ok, awesome, I will be buying my ticket in the morning to come hang out with y'all! Will post flight details tomorrow.
    edited February 2011
    Departing Flight - Thursday, Mar 17, 2011

US Airways
    Flight 1428
    Airbus Jet 321 Jet
    From
    Orlando (MCO)
    07:00am -Mar 17, Thu To
    Charlotte (CLT)
    08:39am -Mar 17, Thu Nonstop
    Coach

Flight Duration
    1 hr 39 min

US Airways
    Flight 1214
    Airbus Jet Jet
    From
    Charlotte (CLT)
    09:29am -Mar 17, Thu To
    Detroit Wayne (DTW)
    11:15am -Mar 17, Thu Nonstop
    Coach

Flight Duration
    1 hr 46 min
    Flight Duration: 3hr 25min Layover Time: 0hr 50min Total Trip Time: 4hr 15min

Return Flight - Sunday, Mar 20, 2011

AirTran Airways
    Flight 1483
    BOEING 737-700 Jet
    From
    Detroit Wayne (DTW)
    07:20pm -Mar 20, Sun To
    Orlando (MCO)
    09:52pm -Mar 20, Sun Nonstop
    Coach

Flight Duration
    2 hr 32 min
    Flight Duration: 2hr 32min Total Trip Time: 2hr 32min

Brace yourselves!
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    So, I was on the fence about this, but people talked me into going. And then I learned I need to find sleeping accomodations, which I'm sorry to say really impacts my decision.

I don't like the idea of having to drive after shenanigans, nor do I like the thought of missing out on the fun going on at ICHQ.

That being said, if there are other sleeping arrangements happening, would anyone mind sharing what those arrangements are? Or consider grouping together for an after party?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Is a tent in the backyard no bueno?