Bukkit Test Server

2»

Comments

• TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2011
    i'm not on the whitelist for the test server apparently.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    You should be now, just added you
  • TonyRockyHorrorTonyRockyHorror Alexandria, VA
    edited February 2011
    cool!
    edited February 2011
    I replaced the PlayerList plugin with a different one as the developer of PlayerList doesn't seem to be updating (and it's throwing some errors at the mc console). Should be able to use /list or /who now for player lists. Let me know if there are problems with it.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Well, crap, just when I want to log in to test, minecraft.net is unreachable for me :(
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Didn't the new update put whitelist functionality on the server software making a whitelist plug-in unneeded?

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    It did for the official server, bukkit is a total rewrite though (iirc) so I'm not sure if they also added that functionality or continue to rely on plugins for it.
    edited February 2011
    Also, I'd just like to throw this out there, I think I'm going to install this plugin on the test server tonight after work.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-nethergate-v0-44-just-like-single-player-431.3430/

If it works out well, I'm going to propose it for the stable server.
  • edited February 2011
    could you add me to the whitelist for the test server?
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited February 2011
    Wow that sounds awesome!

I don't suppose you could have the netherkit activated so we can quickly and easily get into the nether on the test server? My apologies if you already do, I just haven't been in yet.
    edited February 2011
    According to the docs, the /nether kit command is only available to ops. I don't see any way to work around that without installing and configuring the Permissions plugin.... which I could do on the test server (though probably not soon as it would require a fair chunk of time during which I can sit down and work at it) but I wouldn't count on it passing muster for the official server (too cheaty for most).

At this point, I haven't even installed the NetherGate plugin yet. I won't be doing that (as I said) until after I get out of work tonight.
    edited February 2011
    could you add me to the whitelist for the test server?

Done.
    edited February 2011
    Well... I've installed the nethergate plugin on the test server. It doesn't exactly work as advertised. When warping to a nether world things get all kinds of screwy. For now I'd say use it at your own risk.... of course that's the disclaimer for the whole test server isn't it?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    It doesn't look like it actually takes the player to a netherworld as intended. From the comments, it seems like it's some kind-of custom version of the netherworld created by the plug-in author... Maybe. I don't know. These plug-ins don't seem to really explain what they do in their threads, they just talk about how to report bugs, and what changes have been made, with not susinct paragraph of "here's what this shit actually does", so it's confusing.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Crap. Not on the whitelist for the test server. Add please?
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited February 2011
    From my understanding, if this doesn't work well, you could use a plugin such as ServerPort, and set up an identical server running in Hell mode, and have a "real" nether that actually works with portals. Don't know the specifics, though.
    edited February 2011
    CB wrote:
    It doesn't look like it actually takes the player to a netherworld as intended. From the comments, it seems like it's some kind-of custom version of the netherworld created by the plug-in author... Maybe. I don't know. These plug-ins don't seem to really explain what they do in their threads, they just talk about how to report bugs, and what changes have been made, with not susinct paragraph of "here's what this shit actually does", so it's confusing.

It does actually create a nether world. Once I started the plugin a new world folder was also created titled "nether" that contains a whole other world. It just seems to be the transition that is problematic. Namely I've spawned in the middle of solid rock many times (thus dying) and it takes a while for the rendering to catch up properly it seems. That said, it does TECHNICALLY work.... just not very well IMO. Oh well, it's a start I suppose.

I'm going to be changing the test server updated methodology. Taking a look at the bukkit build page, they are now marking certain builds as "recommended" builds. I will be updating each time they mark a build as "recommended". If we've run a build on the test server without problems for long enough, I'll move it over to the stable server. If you encounter any sort of problems with the test server, post them here so I can dig into them. I'll be using these reports to determine if a build is good enough to move to the official server or not.
    edited February 2011
    Crap. Not on the whitelist for the test server. Add please?

Added.
    edited February 2011
    Bukkit has been updated to the latest recommended build. Moved the build running on the test server to the stable server. Also updated all the plugins on the test server. Have at it people.
    edited March 2011
    Updated the test server to the latest recommended build (again). Also updated all plugins. Plz to be testing things all?
    edited April 2011
    Aaannndddd.... I've changed the way that the server is started up. Should make it more efficient. I would like if people could test it though so I know if it has unintended consequences before I port the changes over to the main server as well.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited April 2011
    Add me please, Chemriof.
    edited April 2011
    added
  • edited May 2011
    could you also add me please? Cobra800089

Thanks!