Expo Icrontic 2011

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Community

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Oh wow, this will be really different. I'm really hoping I can make it this year. I look forward to seeing everyone again :)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Sounds like a good setup! I, for one, am looking forward to heavily caffeinated shens.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    WOOT... I am SO in. I fondly remember the cafe and think this year will be awesome. A return to our roots...
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I'll bring the extension cords!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    IN, and I'm bringing the West Coast with me.

Whatever that means.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    IN, and I'm bringing the West Coast with me.

Whatever that means.

I think it means NiGHTS has to come ;D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Winfrey wrote:
    I think it means NiGHTS has to come ;D
    I keep telling you he's not real. It's an elaborate troll by Nomad.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, I'll see about coming this year :)
    edited February 2011
    cola wrote:
    Hmm, I'll see about coming this year :)
    Your presence is mission critical. :rockon:
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    No outside drink.....but how will the drunks get their needs filled.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    The other 7-10 drinking events we have per year.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I might actually have to come this time...
    edited February 2011
    QuadWhore wrote:
    I might actually have to come this time...
    YES.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    This expo might require some jamming.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I am looking forward to this. I am curious about the sleeping arrangements, though.

Tenting at ICHQ seems to be a logistical challenge.

I can't imagine they would like us to set up a bunch of tents in the parking lot, as they would still be open for other business, I would presume. Nevertheless, I thought it would be worth asking.
    edited February 2011
    I really don't think it'll be much of one; there will be a shuttle, it's only 4 miles, and lots of people drive if you need to make an impromptu trip.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Any good hotels/motels near the cafe? For travellers?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Shorty,

When I went to Expo a couple years ago I got a priceline deal staying in the Courtyard by Marriott in Warren. Not sure how close it is in relation to the cafe, but the hotel was clean, it had a nice breakfast area, little gym to work out in the morning, and the Courtyard is one of the few business class hotels you can stay in where the beds are actually nice. Basically if you go to priceline, negotiate a half price deal on a 3-1/2 star hotel in Warren, its pretty much the only one that comes up in that range, so you know what you are getting into there.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    The LaQuinta has been really nice, and it's usually $40-50 / night for a 4-person room.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011

I think the logistical challenge is keeping the tent standing for the duration of the event...
    edited February 2011
    Both Courtyard by Marriott in Warren and La Quinta are recommended. My parents stay at the former, and Ryder stays at the latter iirc.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Thanks folks, I am sure that is useful for the likes of Jokke et al! :)

You guys should list those on the big announcement for those who don't like tenting (or travel a decent distance).

Edit:// No attendance for me this year. My bass player gets married on the first day of the Expo. I am a best man and required attendee! We (me and the lovely wife) will hopefully make a late summer/autumn smaller event :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    If you do, Dan, let me know. The Family Kwitko can huff on down for a visit.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    The nice thing is that with the event tent gone, we'll have plenty of room for sleeping tents in the ICHQ yard.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I MIGHT be willing to share a room if there are folks looking to split a room.
    edited February 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    The nice thing is that with the event tent gone, we'll have plenty of room for sleeping tents in the ICHQ yard.
    Yay, no more tent Tetris!
    edited February 2011
    Warren is home to several major companies; therefore there are many, many hotels to stay in. Several big chain hotels are a mile away from the Cafe. In fact, there are several just under a mile away which is walkable:

Hotels_2011.jpg

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=29200+Hoover+Road,+Warren,+MI&aq=&sll=42.511447,-83.01615&sspn=0.014837,0.033023&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=29200+Hoover+Rd,+Warren,+Macomb,+Michigan+48093&ll=42.508124,-83.00691&spn=0.014837,0.033023&t=h&z=14&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=29200+Hoover+Road,+Warren,+MI&aq=&sll=42.511447,-83.01615&sspn=0.014837,0.033023&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=29200+Hoover+Rd,+Warren,+Macomb,+Michigan+48093&ll=42.508124,-83.00691&spn=0.014837,0.033023&t=h&z=14&quot; style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I can recommend the Super 8 Motel in Sterling Heights or Roseville, don't exactly remember, but I guess they're pretty much the same. The bed covers are a bit out of it's time, but the breakfast is great!
    edited February 2011
    :tim::approve:
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Jokke wrote:
    I can recommend the Super 8 Motel in Sterling Heights or Roseville, don't exactly remember, but I guess they're pretty much the same. The bed covers are a bit out of it's time, but the sex is great!