What are you drinking?

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Its a Four Loko Friday (though, honestly, without the caffeine and other goodies, its just not the same kick in the face if used to be)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    So... Much... Caffeine.

I'm chasing my coffee with Vitamin Water Zero today (courtesy the company beverage cooler)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I think I will try and make a Fourloco drink. Supposed to be like 4 drinks right? So if I mixed 4 shots of Vodka with a Redbull? I'll have to do this later as I am on call until 9pst, but it sounds delicious.

-Digi
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I'm drinking Blue Moon Spring Ale and Woodchuck...

I have to paint tomorrow. This should be interesting.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I think I will try and make a Fourloco drink. Supposed to be like 4 drinks right? So if I mixed 4 shots of Vodka with a Redbull? I'll have to do this later as I am on call until 9pst, but it sounds delicious.

-Digi

More like mixing a bottle of wine with 4 cups of coffee from what I've read.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Has anyone tried Blackbeard spiced rum? It's gotten pretty high marks from the booze blogs and the like, but I can't seem to find it anywhere local.
    edited February 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    More like mixing a bottle of wine with 4 cups of coffee from what I've read.

I understand that "4 cups of coffee" is the way to make people understand, but the way the coffee is brewed determines the caffeine content. A regular, drip brewed (everyday joe) cup of coffee is going to have less than 100mg of caffeine. Usually between 70-80mg. Caffeine pills are the most effective way to really describe the caffeine content. If you're shooting for 400 mg, that's 2 pills (each one is roughly 200mg, depending on what you get [Vivarin, etc]).

I know, pedantic, but still.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Caffeine pills are the most effective way to really describe the caffeine content.
    'Pill' doesn't really mean anything given there are 50, 100 and 200mg tablets on the market.

The most effective way to describe it is to just state the figure. :p
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    blueberry yogurt + blueberry juice + frozen blueberries + blueberry juice frozen into blueberry ice cubes + not frozen blueberries + blender = a huge yummy disaster when you realize the bottom wasn't screwed on tight enough

I'm going to call it Taco Surprise.

2i6ystw.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Basil wrote:
    'Pill' doesn't really mean anything given there are 50, 100 and 200mg tablets on the market.

The most effective way to describe it is to just state the figure. :p

Being pedantic to a pedantic response? We have a winner!

(You're clearly right)
    edited February 2011
    Canti, dude. Come on, you expect me to believe that actually happened?

You're dog is way too dumb to figure that out.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Canti, dude. Come on, you expect me to believe that actually happened?

You're dog is way too dumb to figure that out.
    I was hung up on the whole blueberry shake to fire scenario, but to each his own.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Kicking back with a Mack Isbjørn (That's polar bear for all you non-Norwegians)
  • mr_magoomr_magoo state of confusion
    edited March 2011
    I shouldn't be drinking at all with my meds, but I just finished a 1554 (Fat Tire). I limit my intake these days but I enjoy a tipping now and again. Used to be quite knowledgeable about wines, but that went bye-bye with the rest o' my smarts.

My favorite brew is Wernerstein Dunkel, but it's not available in Cottonwood. I'm takin' a bottle o' Irish to GaryCon to sip while I'm killin' characters!

:rarr:
    edited March 2011
    mr_magoo wrote:
    I shouldn't be drinking at all with my meds, but I just finished a 1554 (Fat Tire).

That's an awesome beer. Almost picked up a sixer tonight, actually. I had the 1554 on tap last week in San Francisco, it was delightful.

Tonight I'm drinking karmeliet tripel. Seriously one of my favorite beers. Constantly climbing my ranks every time I buy it.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Tonight was a painkilling night of drinking. Let me explain:

I went offshore fishing (out of sight of land in a 20 foot boat) with my dad and brother. I was the youngest person on the boat; this means several things: I drove the boat (cable steer, no hydralics), set and pulled the anchor out of 60+ feet of water, caught all the bait, and washed down the boat once back at the marina. I am sore, tired, sunburned and cut up (hooks, knives, razor sharp braided fishing line).

To that end, it has been a $75 bar tab night including Jager Bombs, Water Moccasins, Retarded Tigers, and bottomless well Rum and Cokes. I r dun.

FLOOR!
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I believe wholly in Bodum; I paid $90 for mine over ten years ago. I recently took it apart and gave it a thorough cleaning and it is as good as new. In an era of disposable appliances, $90 for ten years is a bargain in my book.

Nice. I've been turning my beans into powder with a spice grinder, using a french press with a fine mesh. Delicious, and oh-so-smooth. :)
    edited April 2011
    I combined Amarula with kahlua over ice and dashed in some bitters.

It was a creamy, spicy, boozy piece of awesome. What the heck.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    plastic-water-bottle.jpg
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    styrofoam%20cup%20with%20coffee.bmp
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    509_2.jpg

Click for explanation ... couldn't find a clip
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    My sadness.
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    My cousin brought "Matilda" over to my place the other day and it's a really nice Belgium style pale ale. Although, you may be hard-pressed to find this outside Chicago-land area.

http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/matilda/25.php

I'm just starting to expand my horizons in the craft beer arena and any suggestions would be great! Currently, Two Brothers Brewery is one of my local favorites (the brewery is less than a mile from my home) and they have a good selection.

http://www.twobrosbrew.com/
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    My cousin brought "Matilda" over to my place the other day and it's a really nice Belgium style pale ale. Although, you may be hard-pressed to find this outside Chicago-land area.

http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/matilda/25.php

We've got it in Indy. I'll bet a lot of good shops in the Midwest have it or can get it. Matilda's kinda funny too, there's a small subset of followers that keep track of it by "vintage year" and measure how it's quality and flavor profile change from year to year.

It's in my top 10. For now. (at #10)
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited May 2011
    Had a few Molson Canadians last night up in the great white North. It was a good time.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Blue is better. D:
    edited May 2011
    Had a Racer 5 IPA from Bear Republic Brewery last night. It was good, but still an IPA.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Hinterland Luna Coffee Stout (Green Bay Brewing)
    and
    Oscar's Chocolate Oatmeal Stout (Sand Creek Brewing, Black River Falls, WI)
    (and Oscar is a bear)
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    birch-syrup-vodka-featured.png

I wasn't really a Vodka fan until this.
    edited September 2011
    Been too long since this was hit. I'm drinking a delicious Pumpkin Imperial Ale from The Brewery Works.