PSD Files Please help!

Wild-ThingWild-Thing S. FL
edited March 2011 in Internet & Media
Good evening everyone,
COuld someone please help me with taking apart the layers of a .psd file? I am completely new to them, and don't know the steps to take in order to take the text out of a background/graphic that I paid for. Guy left it with the text, instead of selling me a blank! Thanks Iin advance, Oh Great Ones!!! :smiles:

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    So, in Photoshop, if you can't see the layers window, go up to "Window" and click "layers'. Then, you go to the layer with the text on it, right click it, and delete it.

Here: (this is CS5)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    And if you don't have Photoshop, you're somewhat screwed, IIRC.
  • Wild-ThingWild-Thing S. FL
    edited March 2011
    Thank you verrry much Primesuspect! (Bowing with big smile) You have just solved my problem. I didn't realize it was that easy :) Also appreciate you taking the time to create an image for me. It definitely helped. Wow, you've got some great programs!
    I'm also glad I came here. I put out the word in 3 other forums...now I know it's the weekend, but c'mon...it is the www! I appreciate the quick answer guys.
    Thanks too Thrax. Luckily, PSProX3 has .psd capability, or I would be screwed. It does have a popup when I go to open the file, that says limited support, so I suspect you are correct. I'm just lucky it can peel layers/remove.
    Wild Thing
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Glad it helped :) Stick around, this is an awesome place.