ECS gets even better with new expedited service

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited March 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I've been using ECS in builds for friends and family that just want something dependable for years. They have always made really good basic boards. I have used a few of the Black boards now and I have to say they are really feature rich and competitive with some of the better boards on the market now.

After a really two really lousy experiences I had returning both a DFI motherboard and some A-Data Ram in the past few months. Deplorable experiences each time, took forever and I was in the dark most of the time. To see this level of service from ECS is very refreshing.

I kind of see it like Hyundai. So many years ago they had a reputation as being the low cost, sub par quality dealer, and they said, tell ya what, here is a ten year warranty... ECS could really capture the budget minded enthusiast with this. That is the category I know I fit in.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    That's pretty impressive. I was down for 2.5 weeks when the PCI-E controller died on my MSI board a few years ago.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    heh... don't get me started on MSI's tech support.
    edited March 2011
    Their support was just fine. I put in my problem, they sent me an RMA number and shipping label the same day.

It just took forever for them to process it all and get me my replacement board.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Took me something like 8 months and 5 time shipping my laptop in before MSI actually got me a working laptop.
    edited March 2011
    Ouch. Consistency FTL