Round 2:
Spencerforhire vs. Cannonfodder
Winner: Spencerforhire

Lincoln vs. Zenmode
Winner: Zenmode

Round 3:
Spencerforhire vs. Zenmode

Event Winner: Spencerforhire
I realize how ostentatious this seems but I am trying to use a uniform format for draft league events.

* Round 1 was entirely random on who got paired... It was not meant to match the previous event.

2 Galvanic Blast
2 Perilous Myr
2 Myr Sire
2 Iron Myr
2 Leonin Relic-Warder
3 Burn the Impure
2 Arc Trail
1 Accorder Paladin
3 Spin Engine
1 Pierce Strider
1 Oxidda Scrapmelter
1 Loxodon Partisan
1 Hoard-Smelter Dragon
1 Kuldotha Flamefiend
9 Mountain
7 Plains

Relevant Sideboard:
1 Ogre Geargrabber
2 Turn to Slag
1 Contagion Clasp
2 Divine Offering
1 Arrest
1 Dispense Justice

Current Standings:
u9bmN.png

Remember, we have two events left: Draft League EPIC and Draft League ICOK! There is plenty of time to try us out or to make your way to the top of the standings so I hope to see you all at our next event:

Please also leave feedback on the event. What did you like that we did this time? What would you change for next time?

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Also, screw your gear grabber.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited March 2011
    Nyuck nyuck nyuck.
    edited March 2011
    :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Suggesting not single elimination...
    edited March 2011
    Single elimination is the standard for draft style events. The issue with any setup but that is that there are very few setups that will work in such little time...

Next time we can try a static 3 round... Each person plays until the end, and highest scores win it... To accommodate for this change, we'd adjust points to be done as follows:
    Winner: 3 Points + 1 Booster Pack
    Score of X-1: 3 Points
    Score of X-2 (Or worse): 2 Points
    Participation: 1 Point

How do we like this modification?
    edited March 2011
    Even with the single elimination, I did get to play everyone, though not officially. It took me the better part of the night and the next day to do it, however.
    edited March 2011
    You won't be playing everyone with this new model, however it'll alleviate the bad match-up issue where random match-ups + deck styles knock people out of contention.
    edited March 2011
    I think it sounds interesting. How many games total would be played in the new setup compared to the old?
    edited March 2011
    Everyone would play 3 matches (3 best of 3s). This would run the same duration as an old event minus a tiebreaker round if necessary at the end. The difference is everyone plays every round.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Everyone would play 3 matches (3 best of 3s). This would run the same duration as an old event minus a tiebreaker round if necessary at the end. The difference is everyone plays every round.

I'm good for any matchmaking style as long as we try to start (& finish) on-time next time around.

It sucked to have this run throughout the day instead of knocking it out in a couple hours solid as was originally planned (not pointing fingers, just saying we as a group need to make an effort to do this).
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I'll point fingers, Spence and I had a hard time finding packs of card and construction traffic caused us to be an hour late.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I'll point fingers, they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky kids!
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    I'll point fingers, Spence and I had a hard time finding packs of card and construction traffic caused us to be an hour late.

That wasn't the only contributing factor.