I need super quick help with my PHP project.

4Nmissile4Nmissile New
edited April 2011 in Internet & Media
Hello,

I have uploaded all my files in a zip folder. The only thing I could not upload were the media images as they were too big. The only page that should be affected though is the shopping cart.

I am in a Web Based Database class and we are doing a project. I have all the PHP and SQL files completed. I have all my functions and variables done. We are supposed to use the PHP files from our book and then alter them to suit the page that we are making. That is why some of my errors are asking why somethings are set the way they are.
Here are the errors that I am getting:

I'm getting the error "Notice: Undefined index: searchtype in C:\wamp\www\resultsproject.php on line 19" on resultproject.php. I get this when trying to search from searchproject.php no matter what I search for or what I select from the lists. There are two search boxes because I was trying to get one to search individual terms and the other to search for all three terms at once. However, I never got it to work. It doesn't help that I can't get all the features of wamp to work on my home computer. The page loads up all colors and everything when in class, but at home it does not load the colors for tables or menus.

On the processorderproject.php page I get these three errors:
Warning: reset() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in C:\wamp\www\processorderproject.php on line 138

Warning: current() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in C:\wamp\www\processorderproject.php on line 139

Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\processorderproject.php on line 173

Parse error: parse error in C:\wamp\www\order_fns_project.php on line 78.

I got all of the undefined index errors except one. Well, I put an @ symbol in front of them so they did not show up. The one I could not fix was the "cart" variable. I found lots of functions using it, but nothing that set it. I tried setting it myself, but it merely threw up another error so I removed what I set. I linked my original page with the shopping cart pages and hopefully the pictures work as I have them. I have not been able to see anything as of yet other than the view cart button, checkout button, the header, and the footer. Wamp is not showing me any of the colors or tables like it was in class for some reason.

Undefined index: cart in C:\wamp\www\checkout.php on line 10
Also, on a few pages I got from the book there was a function called do_html_heading. What does it mean when it shows do_html_heading($variable_here)? <-- the $variable_here is just to show that there is a word inserted there. I can't figure out what the variable in those lines means. Ex: output_fns_project.php line 64 do_html_heading($title). What does the title variable mean when used like this? I could not find anywhere in the code on any of the pages where it sets headings with variables. I found the do_html_heading function, but there are no variable values that I have found. I would like to use my header, but I didn't want to mess with that function and have it mess everything up.

I also can't seem to get my page to connect to my databse. I keep getting an error like this:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'cariboulou'@'%' to database 'cariboulou' in C:\wamp\www\newcustomerregistproject.php on line 26

I have all my connect to database lines set like this: (but it doesn't seem to connect)
$mysql = new mysqli('localhost', 'cariboulou', 'cariboulou888', 'cariboulou'); <---with the localhost, the user, the user password, and then the database name. I believe it is correct as I have it set up in my sql file like this to make the user.
grant select, insert, update, delete, index, alter, create, drop
on cariboulou.*
to cariboulou identified by 'cariboulou888';

Please help me. I only have these few errors, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to fix them. I need this quickly as a major part is due tonight. Please help me by 10:00 pm tonight please.

Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• 4Nmissile4Nmissile New
    edited April 2011
    Well, I passed the class. I wasn't able to get some of these things working though. Programing has never really been my thing. I wouldn't mind being able to solve the issues I do have for this project. Will anybody offer assistance?