State of the Raid

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited May 2011 in Gaming
Well, most guilds face this mid tier/summer time. We have lost two, a healer and a ranged dps. We have 2 out, very understandably, taking care of their baby. And finally we have 2-3 people who are sort of on the fence with raiding.

So, on a poor night we will only have seven. On a good night we will probably still have to pug one or two people.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Not cool.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Sunday, provided everyone can make it.

Anne - Tank
    Dan - Heals
    Steve (maybe) - Heals
    Rob - Mele
    Spencer - Mele
    Zack - Mele
    Greg - Ranged
    Eli - Ranged
    Magic - Ranged

Missing 1 tank and 1 healer.

I could tank on my warrior if need be.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited April 2011
    I think the real question is, beyond the 3 (I believe it was) that are planning/have unsubscribed, are there any other individuals that are considering it. I am not calling you out per se, you could just send me an IM or what not. It is better to get this out now when we know we are missing numbers rather than be in a state of perpetual recruitment.
    edited April 2011
    We have a ten man raid. We all know each other. Lets not beat around the bush.

Please post if you are done with WoW or just done raiding. There will be no offense. This is a video game.

We just want to know what we will need to continue or if we will even be attempting to continue.

The guild recruitment tool is available now with 4.1. We'll see how that works if we need to.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Sorry to bug out guys, but its just not much fun for me anymore.
    edited April 2011
    Sorry to bug out guys, but its just not much fun for me anymore.

I don't disagree. I'm at a state now where I come for the designated time and that is that. I'm not unsubscribing currently, however, losing 2-3 other people (halving our roster) would probably put me in a position where I would strongly consider it...
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    The bottom line is: if you aren't having fun, you shouldn't play.

We're all still friends beyond our WoW guild, its not like anything will change - just be forward and honest.

Lets just make the best decision we can as a group so things that need to be worked out/worked on can be taken care of.
    edited April 2011
    More people need to chime in and let us know how they feel, the complacency on this topic is scarier to me than having a strong opinion one way or the other.
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited April 2011
    I dunno how important my opinion is since I'm a newer member and not part of the raid team quite yet, but I am quite interested in raiding. If there is still interest in tackling the raids, I'd love to join in.

My main is a retribution paladin. Perfectly understandable if there isn't room for me, though, haha.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I will still be available at raid times in whatever capacity I am required.
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I have only missed one scheduled raid!

There are two issues here:

The raid never got to critical mass. Although I'm not sure how many raiders there need to be to sustain the raid.

Raiding once a week really makes it tough to sustain. If we have a bad night.... it's a bad week. If we have a good night, momentum is surely lost 7 days later.

If we can bring 10 on Sundays, I would like to continue to raid. But, as mentioned, my free time is more scarce... I'm not interested in blocking off Sunday nights just to end up pugging or limping through 3 bosses we should be pwning.

Me: on the fence, but not done with WoW, even if we stop organized raiding.
    Katie : probably out.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I'm still here until Sunday Night Football

and 4.1 is out, I know what I'll be doing most of tomorrow
    edited April 2011
    Hydrar wrote:
    I have only missed one scheduled raid!

There are two issues here:

The raid never got to critical mass. Although I'm not sure how many raiders there need to be to sustain the raid.

Raiding once a week really makes it tough to sustain. If we have a bad night.... it's a bad week. If we have a good night, momentum is surely lost 7 days later.

If we can bring 10 on Sundays, I would like to continue to raid. But, as mentioned, my free time is more scarce... I'm not interested in blocking off Sunday nights just to end up pugging or limping through 3 bosses we should be pwning.

Me: on the fence, but not done with WoW, even if we stop organized raiding.
    Katie : probably out.

That's fair Scott, you have been fairly available, it was just incredibly noticeable the week neither of you were there.

I think this is the mentality many of us have though. Let me paraphrase what I said to someone the other night:

Currently just going along with the masses on raid night.

Want to get much more content down than we are.

Don't want to spend the additional nights a week to get more content down than we are.

The TLDR:
    We have to accept one thing, we cannot expect to do any better than we do currently without investing an additional day. The consensus on an additional day is at best 60/40, and even then the argument over which day is a big one.

That is likely one of our biggest issues.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I know this really only concerns all of you that have dedicated your time to raids in Cata, but does this mean you guys will not be raiding or there will be a change in the core of raiders? im sure it's still up in the air since it shouldn't be an overnight decision. this kinda sucks cause i finally turned over enough rocks to get enough money together for a new pc and would like to join in on kt but i guess i will wait to see whether or not you guys decide to go play different games instead (stoked for BF3!).... But i have to do the whole figuring out which parts i want for the pc (been staring at parts on newegg for like 3 days...) and then the whole building part after (a little nervous for that since it will be my first time building one) before i even think about WoW sooo yeah. long post is long...

I kinda just realized this post rly had no point to it.... but ehh whatever...
    edited May 2011
    So Cannonfodder is the only person out? We're still on for tonight at 7pm?
    edited May 2011
    Hydrar wrote:
    So Cannonfodder is the only person out? We're still on for tonight at 7pm?
    MAGIC wrote:
    Sunday, provided everyone can make it.

Anne - Tank
    Dan - Heals
    Steve (maybe) - Heals
    Rob - Mele
    Spencer - Mele
    Zack - Mele
    Greg - Ranged
    Eli - Ranged
    Magic - Ranged

Missing 1 tank and 1 healer.

So, I guess since you would fill a healer spot Hydrar, then we just need a tank right?

Really would be nice to have a solid raid night again
    edited May 2011
    We are going to see what happens tonight. Show as normal, I believe we will make a decision based on that.
    edited May 2011
    We are going to see what happens tonight. Show as normal, I believe we will make a decision based on that.

This is exactly what I'd like to avoid doing. We have all week to post here if we can't make it. Why do we have to wait until 7:15 to know what we're doing... it's only 10-12 people who need to check-in.

How about people be considerate of guildmates' time and post here if they can't make it... that way if the raid is not going to happen, we know in advance and can make other plans.
    edited May 2011
    Hydrar wrote:
    This is exactly what I'd like to avoid doing. We have all week to post here if we can't make it. Why do we have to wait until 7:15 to know what we're doing... it's only 10-12 people who need to check-in.

How about people be considerate of guildmates' time and post here if they can't make it... that way if the raid is not going to happen, we know in advance and can make other plans.

Even with the incentive that letting us know ahead of time still grants you partial attendance, we have never gotten a 100% accurate depiction of a given night. I spend a number of hours each week talking to various people to get an idea of if they will show or not in Ventrilo: This is the only reason I have any idea ahead of time on the success of a night.
    edited May 2011
    Well last nigth was awesome, a lot of fun.

Word is now that we will be losing Spencer, Zack, Rob, Steve, Rory, Jimmy, and Ryan.

This brings our raid to,

Wolf 1 - Tank
    Wolf 2 - Ranged DPS
    Myrmidon The Great
    Magic - Ranged dps
    Greg - Ranged DPS
    Scott - Heals/Ranged DPS
    Mal - Mel DPS

It is up to you 5 what we do. I have GM rank so I can use the recruitment tool, and will do so if you guys want to continue. If not, we can put the guild on hold until folks get interested again.

Let me know.
    edited May 2011
    I made my decision yesterday evening, and I am posting it here now: I'm done.
    edited May 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    Well last nigth was awesome, a lot of fun.

Word is now that we will be losing Spencer, Zack, Rob, Steve, Rory, Jimmy, and Ryan.

This brings our raid to,

Wolf 1 - Tank
    Wolf 2 - Ranged DPS
    Magic - Ranged dps
    Greg - Ranged DPS
    Scott - Heals/Ranged DPS
    Mal - Mel DPS

It is up to you 5 what we do. I have GM rank so I can use the recruitment tool, and will do so if you guys want to continue. If not, we can put the guild on hold until folks get interested again.

Let me know.

You're missing someone.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    With about 50% of our crew dropping out, it's going to be hard to stay motivated to play. I'm not a big fan of pugs so I'd rather just wait until we drum up more IC interest to play again... maybe next content patch?
    edited May 2011
    Myrmidon wrote:
    You're missing someone.

HOW COULD FORGETZ MY MIRMIDAN

Ninja Edit: Aspect check.

Ninja Edit Two, Electric Boogaloo:

I suppose I should explain myself. I, like many others, have been very displeased with WoW as a game. In fact, the only reason I have even bothered playing this far was the guild. The guild is nothing short of amazing. They are my sole motivation for sticking around as long as I did. Unfortunately, I felt myself growing more and more discontent with the cyclical nature of the beast (I should clarify, the beast is WoW, not the guild). For the third time in my WoW career, a content patch has been announced and my response was to twirl my pointer finger and say "Who cares honestly". Sure the set bonuses are something new and inventive (if they are implemented as promised), but it's another tier of raiding and I viewed it as "more work" not "more fun!" much as I have done in the past. This is not to say it will not be enjoyable to you all, just that perhaps I have raided too much perhaps.

This was the biggest sign that I probably just needed to stop. My account is still subscribed at the moment. I had planned on PvPing with Dan a bit more, unfortunately with Arenas broken they may drive THE BEST TWOS TEAM EVER away from it if they are not careful. Either way, I plan on being on Ventrilo on a daily basis (as I have been all along) and I will be being my annoying self for all of you to enjoy!

I would submit one last thing, if WoW goes the way of the Dodo due to our actions in some sort of horrible Domino effect, or even if it just goes away naturally, we should try one thing: Stay active on Ventrilo, gaming with our fellow Icrontians. Hell, even setting up a "Sunday Gaming Night" where no one is obligated but everyone is encouraged to show and be their beautiful selves while playing whatever the hell they feel like.

Regardless, I am sorry for retiring from raiding in what I presume is an unexpected and short notice. I could not have chosen a more pleasant night to be my last. We had what I believe was a WINNING (duh) combination of success (kills) and hilarity (elevator adds). The successes we saw last night will not end with myself or anyone else whom is leaving. Those staying are the talent, and you will be killing Nefarian before you know it. Godspeed Ladies and Gents.
    edited May 2011
    my subscription ends 5/11/11, it won't be renewed.

I have a busy schedule ahead of the me the next 3 months (Vermont, Texas, Detroit, and a soon to be new route at work) so I'll be taking a break from teh WoW.

It, was an honor playing with you shits ;)
    edited May 2011
    I'm out for raiding as well, but am hopeful that there's a renewed interest at some future time.

I'll still be dicking around in game from time to time... not sure I'll be cancelling my subscription just yet.

Hoping the Icrontic Guild / Bank is not deleted, and requesting we open up 1-2 tabs for full access for those who wish to continue to wear the Icrontic tabard.
    edited May 2011
    Myrmidon wrote:
    You're missing someone.

Fixt.

Okay, I am more or less I'm in accord with the responses here. I play with the IC guild to enjoy the company of other people I like and I like everyone in our guild... not something you can usually find in other wow groups.

No, the guild will not be done. My subscription is still active and will stay. I may start raiding with another guild or something, haven't decided yet. I will shuffle around the guild bank and open up tabs tonight.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Bitches better still get on vent from time to time in order to ass around. That's all I'm sayin'.
    edited May 2011
    Jimmy, Ryan, Dan, Spencer and myself are on vent all the time. It is you, madam, who needs to do the getting on vent. That's all I'm sayin'.
    edited May 2011
    <caps>You got me hooked

you can't do this to me

you bastards</caps>

<3