Should I Be Comcerned??????

jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
edited May 2011 in Hardware
If you look in the top right of this you'll see where under the SMART test it shows what appears to be 3 warrenty concerns. However it did pass the quick test but when I tried the extended it said it was going to take over 100 hours (?????) to complete. God knows I haven't zero'ed or extended tested anything over 250GB but that seems a bit long!?!?!? :confused2

VRapter600GBWDTest.jpg

Comments

• jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited May 2011
    Oh by the way.........what are the chances of 4 factory referbs (2 ea from 2 different sources) all flunking WD Diagnostics Long test with "Too many bad sectors" but would pass the short test???

These are not in the "system" but are using a "USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE" adapter. (http://www.meritline.com/idesata-to-usb-20-cable-adapter-wone-touch-backup-model-ada-2020-otb---p-57365.aspx?OrderBy=1&pagenum=1&RatingSortByYN=2&ShowVerified=1) the same way I tested the V'Raptor...........
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, while SMART tests aren't conclusive, I'd say that drive could stand to be replaced. I'd never trust the SMART short test though, the long test is the only thing even remotely reliable.

Not familiar with the WD Diagnostics, but if the drives are failing it then I'd RMA them just to be on the safe side. Also, I generally don't recommend buying refurbished drives, drives fail enough as it is, I wouldn't spend money on one that had already failed once. That's just my opinion though.
  • jedihobbitjedihobbit Central Virginia, USA New
    edited May 2011
    Interestingly enough one of the drives that failed the long test earlier is now 1:15+ into a retry. The problem I see is I have another 6 hours to go on this 1TB drive!! :eek2: