Terraria contest

CantiCanti =/= smalltimehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Gaming
So Terraria was released on Steam today. Never heard of it, then you might be deaf and blind in which case you can't read this or use text to speech to understand what it says unless you're using a braille monitor in which case AWESOME! Considering how popular Minecraft was/is with the community I think there would be a lot of interest in Terraria as well. "But Canti" you might say, "how will I ever come up with the $10 to buy it?" Good question but don't go selling your kidneys just yet, you might need those to do things like ride bikes and not die. The good news is 3 of you won't have to spend all the countless years slaving away in the coal mines to make such an extravagant amount of money just to play a game where you mine coal. All you have to do is create a picture using MS paint that's better than the other entries. Draw whatever and have fun with it, the three I like most will win a free copy of Terraria on Steam. Post entries in this thread, deadline is Wednesday 10 PM central time. If you aren't sure what to draw or aren't confident in your skills do it anyway. It couldn't possibly be worse than stuff I've drawn. Don't believe me? See attached picture of my illustration of Lewis Carroll's famous story "Uncle Tom's Adventures in Wondercabin" for proof.

1st place - Terraria
2nd place - Terraria
3rd place - Your choice of Barbie Horse Adventure or Terraria
4th place - Box of feral cats

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UGo7iMUcxLc&quot; allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="480"></iframe>

Good luck!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Wow, it's Minecraft+Duke Nukem.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Is there a specific theme for the paint entries?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    cola wrote:
    Is there a specific theme for the paint entries?

Anything
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Surprising lack of interest in free games. So far Thrax and Cola are winning simply for replying.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Well then can I win as well?
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    There we go.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Don't go givin them away yet. I'll be entering tonight.

-Digi
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    IT'S BACK. NOW WITH PICKAXE.

iFKHd.png
    edited May 2011
    Well then can I win as well?

If I have to give them all away for lack of entries I will be elephant seal but you might.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Chill, baby, The love is comin'.
    edited May 2011
    I figured I'd enter this contest in the exact same fashion that I enter every single contest. And in the same fashion that I live my daily life.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    This might be the worst thing I've made in a while.
    edited May 2011
    I love the zombie planking on the conveyor belt.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Myrmidon wrote:
    I figured I'd enter this contest in the exact same fashion that I enter every single contest. And in the same fashion that I live my daily life.

But... but... I'll be your friend.
    edited May 2011
    I make Comic
    edited May 2011
    Aight, I'm intending on making a sequel to this, but for now I think it'll do. Multiple entries are ok, right?
    edited May 2011
    cola wrote:
    Aight, I'm intending on making a sequel to this, but for now I think it'll do. Multiple entries are ok, right?

Draw as many as you want but tell me which one you want to count.
    edited May 2011
    Ok then, this would be the one I'd want to count in the contest. Enjoy :D
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited May 2011
    fishhead.png

Just whipped this bad boy up in paint.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Here ya go! It's the turnip flag!
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    s3I6a.png

You see, I was going to make a drawing, but at the last second bitched out and just did this instead.

I think it works on a few levels, and like a true arteest this makes you stop and think to actually appreciate how great this work is. I think it's pretty goddamn clever. Now give me my free game so I can play with all of you.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Digi had to go be Mr. Overachiever with THREE DEE. grumble grumble.

I love this thread. Expect my entry soon.
    edited May 2011
    NiGHTS wrote:
    s3I6a.png

You see, I was going to make a drawing, but at the last second bitched out and just did this instead.

I think it works on a few levels, and like a true arteest this makes you stop and think to actually appreciate how great this work is. I think it's pretty goddamn clever. Now give me my free game so I can play with all of you.

HAHAHA! oh lord, my sides. Great entry.
    edited May 2011
    You can just give me the game now. You see people, you need to speak to Canti's interests.

ponitransform.jpg
    edited May 2011
    You brilliantly named bastard!

There is still 2nd... and 3rd

-Digi
  • edited May 2011
    There it is. Now the only way for me to get Terraria is by winning this contest. Good luck for everyone, especially me.

Edit: Oh, and if I get third place, I choose Terraria.
    Also thank you for making this.

SPOILER:
    You don't know how hard it is to draw and write while stuck on the quicksand.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    PONIESENSEISSESES!
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't mind winning the box of feral cats, I love kittys <3
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    It's late by a 45 minutes or so, but that's how it goes...