Herp Derp Ping Pong

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I'll be honest, the only exposure I've ever had to Fox's entertainews shows in the past is by way of Jon Stewart, and I've been assuming that he picks the absolute most dreadful moments to make fun of for his show.

If they really treat every topic this way... I don't know. I feel sorry for all the people who subject themselves to this kind of programming.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Not every topic, just the topics that they don't agree with.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Oh FFS with the avatars! ;D
  • edited May 2011
    I thought you did good man, even though they just glossed over you and herp derped their own bullshit.

+1 in my book.
  • Nik
    edited May 2011
    I didn't really know who you were at the beginning and I assumed you were going to spout stuff that was completely wrong, but you said what I would have if I was in your place. I still feel like you shouldn't have let that insane bald man say what he did - you should have stepped in
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I hope you become their regular gaming go-to guy! Thanks for not getting caught up in Asbury's grandstanding and sticking to the issue. I've got mad respect.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Nik, believe me, I tried. The host cut me off and the next thing I knew, he was giving the "last word" to Neal.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited May 2011
    I've been reading comments across various forums and the great majority of them, have been supportive.
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited May 2011
    You couldn't have done a better job Prime.

Is Fox News going after gaming the last straw?
  • edited May 2011
    I hate to tell you this but you went on Fox news. You went to have a rational discussion about something they've only ever seen as a scapegoat and a medium for sociopaths. Why on earth would you engage them on such a topic? The people that watch Fox news are immune to your logic about the great things video games have to offer. Why would you offer yourself up on such a platter and not expect to be made a fool of. There are SO MANY EXAMPLES of them doing this exact same thing. Jesus man, we have the internet. We've use it to share stories exactly like this. It's typical you bloggers can't resist the urge to be on TV despite knowing your going to be made to look like a fool.
  • edited May 2011
    Hey, saw this on Reddit. You are on point and address all the questions truthfully and appropriately.

Neal was being a sensationalist and the reporter was not hearing anything the two of you were saying.

Good job. Upboat from the Reddit community.
  • edited May 2011
    I was sort of disappointed about how "quietly" you argued and thought that in the midst of all this shouting and explosion footage your arguments went under even for those who wanted to listen to you. Also I'd wished you'd immediately and forcefully clarified that Call of Duty and the footage they were showing is NOT the kind of game that gets these grants. Don't know if you could see and hear the intro though.
    The "I'm talking to entertainers here" part was good! :)
    I'm sure it wasn't an easy situation so don't take my "criticism" as too harsh. It just hurt a little to see idiotic bullshit like Neal's delivered with such force while actual arguments I agree with seemed to lack authority. Your stance of talking only to the gamers probably wasn't the most wise since they are not the ones to convince. The FOX audience is! And they're far less likely to take interest in a quiet and calm argument than a more empathic one.
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks for keeping your head, 'ol baldy obviously had a prepared speech, and you were sniped.
  • edited May 2011
    You were awesome, man. Totally cool in the face of the BlahBlahBlahSayWhatWeWantOrGetOff folks at Fox.

In your place, I wouldn't have been able to hide incredulous laughter at the ping pong thing.
  • edited May 2011
    In the grand scheme of things. This is just another FN tidbit used illustrate wasteful spending, and Brian was fully aware of being the patsy. It had nothing to do with games or who will benefit from the 25 Billion dollars set aside to fund Grand Theft Black Ops, but the fact that Activision and Rockstar did not advertise with FN.

Thats the reason why FN is crying about grant money for games, not that they disagree with the games, FN is just upset they received 0 dollars from the major publishers.
  • edited May 2011
    Good post, and relevant observation at the end. I am more in the F&F demographic but have no desire or philosophical leanings toward them. You are right - the millions that prefer to turn off their vitriol and disinformation need to realize there are other millions to take it hook line and sinker. Breaking through their BS is necessary and takes effort.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Great Job Brian!!
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I disagree with the comments about Prime being too quiet, not establishing a position of authority, and not getting his point across. I think he did an excellent job. He knew what he was getting into, did his homework, and used the little time he was given to speak to clearly cement his position as an expert. I can't speak for Prime, but I would guess that he didn't go on Fox News to convince senior citizens that video games are a form of art. I think he was more mindful of the future and how this clip would be received by the gaming community when watched on the internet. By keeping this in circulation, it's not Prime who looks like the fool, it's Neal Asbury, the dimwitted host and the entire Fox News network. I would encourage everyone to post these articles and clips on your Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. Let's keep this in circulation so that Fox News starts to think these four minutes are the biggest mistake they ever made.
    edited May 2011
    Also, I'm not sure that everyone here knows Prime on a personal level, but from what I know of him, his spiritual beliefs prevent him from stooping to the same level as Neal Asbury did. You showed Character, Prime. You got your digs in as well. I wish I could say that I would have handled it the same way.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Ahahahaha, this article is the icing on the cake :)

If anyone wants to call Fox out and take a stand, I'll stand with you :D
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    <-- Been calling fox out for as long as I have known about them!

Great job, again, Brian and hopefully some of the target demo took a second to listen to you instead of Asburtard.
  • Kav
    edited May 2011
    If they think CoD is getting funded, you should have mentioned something about it being defense training since that's the one thing deemed untouchable by conservative republicans.
  • doozerdoozer Florida Member
    edited May 2011
    It's funny they're worried about a $10-200k grant when the government is bailing out banks to the tune of trillions.

Good job clarifying who gets the grants and sticking to you guns in front of those puppets. Fucking major news networks are worthless.
  • edited May 2011
    I can honestly say this is my first trip to your site and I found it through Ctrl+Alt+Del. After watching your interview, I just had to let you know that you were brilliant. You showed the people of Fox News what debate should look like. Calm and logical without bickering or interruptions. I thought you were also a great representation of the Geek and Gamer communities using logic and a cool resolve to get your point across. I have a lot of respect for you and you have one more reader.
  • edited May 2011
    well done brian. knowing you were being used as a patsey and managing to keep the conversation civilized and calm was something lesser men cant achieve. well done for putting up a solid defense in the face of someone spouting mindless off topic sensationalist bullshit.

you sir deserve a medal and icrontic has gained itself a follower.
  • edited May 2011
    The best part is, ping-pong players do get federal funding. They're called Olympic athletes.
  • edited May 2011
    I just want to congratulate you on at least attempting to fight the good fight. And I think you did a much better job then most people who go on fox.
  • edited May 2011
    You sir, have become one of my biggest heroes over the course of a single Fox interview. If only we could rally behind you. The fact that Fox set up such a one-sided battle-field and you still held out, calmly stated your points. Took on the man! A truly inspiring moment to see one of our own stand up to Fox. Great job staying on focus, I can't help but notice that you used the word indie though, saying independent and making the comparison to independent filmmakers would've been what I did, now of course, I know maybe you had that planned if they hadn't switched away to get on their anti-liberal agenda again. Seriously, thats all you see on that show. Nontheless, Cheers, and I hope that I reflect the views of many others when I say
    You're a Hero, enjoy the new follower(s) and keep on Bringing RAD Back!
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks for a valiant effort! Your interpretation of their tactics is spot on. You were only there to serve as face over which they could make their talking points.
    edited May 2011
    Kav wrote:
    If they think CoD is getting funded, you should have mentioned something about it being defense training since that's the one thing deemed untouchable by conservative republicans.

Someone pointed out to me earlier that America's Army, another game that is used to train the military, was funded by the DoD. Would have loved to see their pro-military, anti-spending heads explode if that bit of information had been revealed.