State of the TF2nion

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited September 2011 in Team Fortress 2
Soldier.png
Lincoln and I had a long talk about the TF2 stuff tonight.

WHEREAS,

We both recognize the immense value that TF2 brings to our community

WHEREAS,

We both recognize the joy that TF2 brings to our community members

WHEREAS,

We both recognize the many friendships TF2 has enabled

We hereby propose the following:

1) Lincoln and I will both start playing again, as regularly as possible. The best nights for us are Tuesday or Thursday nights. For now, we will not schedule a regular event (that seems to be when things start to go sour), we will just hop on and play when we can

2) We will be figuring out a way to lower the cost. Whether that be dropping the gameservers plan down to the cheaper amount or finding a different company remains to be seen, but I will have an answer on this within the next two days

3) We both realize that neither of has practiced what we preach regarding "dealing with change". We aren't going to bitch about the changes anymore. We're just gonna jump back in and re-learn and re-master the game that this community grew up with. We now embrace the changes and celebrate them.

Lincoln's PC is dead. I'm going to fix it so he can play.

Let's do this.

Comments

• vinsanity0723vinsanity0723 Troy, NY
    edited June 2011
    I'm in
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm in along with my gf!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I just downgraded our 500fps server to normal 24-person. It will be $30 a month and we have about $100 of credit on the account, so we're good for three months.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    manlytears.jpg

I'm in. I miss this. I know TF2 brought me to Icrontic, ultimately changing my life, but I still get nostalgic just thinking about the early days when we all used to play NIGHTLY. Full server constantly. Man, so much fun. Few gaming moments with the community come anywhere close to those original TF2 days.

It was the stuff of legend.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm SO in and have moneys to contribute to old or new server. Just let me know where you want the $$$ to go, Prime. I'll be on the old IC server tomorrow night again....bout 9 PM EDT.

Also, in honor of this momentous occasion, I'm going to take my special TF2 leopard thong out of semi-retirement, grease it up, and wear it proudly to encourage myself to greater heights of fragging. One day, this family heirloom will get passed down to Rex and he will wear it with the same skill, pride, and general discomfort as I have.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    YES

-Digi

Edit: Also May I suggest the TF2 Wiki, click on each class and you can read down through the weapons and their pros/cons (buffs/nerfs). If there are any weapons you want (and don't want to wait for a random drop or get into trading) just let me know and I will get them for you.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Funny, was thinking I needed to get back into this myself. Oh well, perfect excuse!
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    About the 500 tick server. Not all are created equal. If I were you I'd check out NFOservers, my "clan" recently switched from a 500tick gameservers to a 500 tick NFo server and my god the performance is just oodles better. If you want to check it out hit me up I'll give you the IP.

I'd suggest putting a class limit on pyro so their flames don't use oodles of the resources to render. Those flames are terrible.

I also shudder at thought of one man sharing a Banana Hammock with another man.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Karma wrote:
    I also shudder at thought of one man sharing a Banana Hammock with another man.

You clearly haven't been around us long enough. It's both encouraged and common practice.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Sure. I'm on board as long as play is a bit earlier than it used to be. I'm in bed by midnight on school nights now, so gaming that starts at 11 is too late for my old bones. I'll watch for people to join the server at a reasonable hour, and I'll jump on.

Also: Bobby, I'll take you up on that offer. If you can get me the Crusader's Crossbow and the Amputator, that would be super sweet. If not, I'll wait until I can craft them. :)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    This is how excited I am.

phelps.gif

Had fun getting <s>bitchbeat</s> to play with you last night from work. I'm looking forward to more.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    +rep, Brian.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    "I'm gonna."

(see you on the server toniiiiight)
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    ME TOSS JARS OF PEE ON YOU!
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm in. I need to play more, anyway. Tuesday nights might actually work well for me, as well.
    edited June 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    You clearly haven't been around us long enough. It's both encouraged and common practice.

Well I guess you just don't know what happens in my banana hammock.
    edited June 2011
    Oh, they're aware.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Ode to IC TF2: a limerick

There once was a man named Brian
    Who recognized that IC TF2 was dyin'
    Then he did something full of win
    And we all said "I'm in!"
    And once again came cries of sappin'

dmtNP.gif
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I tried TF2 for a bit, but I'm so far behind everyone that it's just not enjoyable. How can I catch up and get all the cool items?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm just as far behind as you on the items front: I don't have any of the new weapons for most classes. Shrug. I'll just play until I get them.
    edited June 2011
    You can have plenty of fun with the standard kit. I had a blast the last time I played with IC and I don't have anything special.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    How about a n00b map?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Let us all get on and n00b it the hell up. We all need to practice for the EPIC tourney, anyway :)
    edited June 2011
    I have a pretty big stockpile of weapons I can give away.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    FYI: The majority of the new weapons are downgrades or side-grades from the default. There are a couple exceptions, but don't worry about not having the fancy weapons.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'll make a list of stuff I don't use that people can have later.
    edited June 2011
    shwaip wrote:
    FYI: The majority of the new weapons are downgrades or side-grades from the default. There are a couple exceptions, but don't worry about not having the fancy weapons.
    That helps shed some light on why I'm not doing well. It's because I suck at FPSs. Carry on. :)
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm curious why was the flare gun so down right awesome? I was a heavy at full and three shots killed me.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    It crits (90 dmg) when you hit a burning enemy. So 30 initial + 2 crits (180) + some afterburn might have killed you, but I might guess you got hit by something else as well.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    shwaip wrote:

I dunno, last time I played a Scout's pistol was killing me with two shots and it took 4 rockets to kill anything.

Course, there is the Backburner|Guerrilla Warfare I can use.

But, too many things to do, have fun guys