Hotel group wanted!

BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Community
Sup peeps. I'm looking to join a hotel group for EPIC 2011, or form a new one. I'll be at EPIC for all the official days -- June 23-26, so probably coming Thursday, leaving Sunday. But I'm flexible.

If you have a room already and don't mind one more to help share the costs (I'll pay cash, up front), I don't need much space, as I generally take the floor via air mattress 'n sleeping bag. I'll pretty much only be using the room to sleep and bathe. I try to be as courteous as possible when people are sleeping, and to my knowledge I don't snore (much) if that matters to anyone (I've roomed with chronic snorers before...).

If I don't hear from anyone in the next few days, I'll go ahead and get my own room, and invite people to join me. I'll update if and when that happens. If it does, I'll probably cap it at 4 people in the room including me. Icrontic is a good community, so it will pretty much be open-invite as long as I've met you before (which I probably have).

Post here or message me if at all interested, even if just preliminary. Sooner the better. If there's a few that want in a room, I'll go ahead and get a new one.

Thanks for looking!
Bandrik/Ryan

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I'd be interested. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'll probably be there Friday - Sunday. Definitely not Thursday night since I'll have class Friday morning.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Sweet, well I'd love to have ya, Gargoyle. And not being there Thursday would be fine. I'd only ask to split the days you're actually there anyways. Just let me know as you learn more. :D
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'll need a hotel room myself, so I'd love to split the cost of one with you. Very clean, handsome (strikingly so), and easygoing.

I'm not familiar with the area so I'd prefer to leave the choice of locale up to you... I'm arriving Wednesday night, plan on golfing Thursday morning, and will be staying until Sunday evening (so Sunday morning checkout for me, but 4 nights otherwise). Much like yourself I won't need anything but a bed to sleep and a shower to shower while I shower.
    edited June 2011
    Sweet, thanks for letting me know, NiGHTS! Would love to have you in the room. You sound like a perfect fit, and your schedule pretty much matches mine, save for the start date. Though while I was planning on coming Thursday, if it means having you in the room, I'll come in a day early (my plans are flexible, and oh darn another day of Icrontic shenanigans).

I think at this point I'll go ahead and reserve the room. There's a couple hotels that look good and people recommend, so I'll pick the best one (preferably with a morning breakfast). I'll check the cancellation policy just in case something happens, but eventually I'll need people to commit to locking in, so nobody gets burned by someone switching rooms last-minute and burning folks. You know what I'm saying. :)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Don't trust him, he's gonna Kenkel out on you!
    edited June 2011
    I'll lock in now, and would definitely appreciate one with breakfast :) (but not if it would add something ridiculous to the cost of the room)

Looking forward to meeting you! Please don't feel obligated to add an extra days worth of expenses if you don't need to, though.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    LaQuinta is the best deal, and it's the closest, and they have breakfast, and the Cincinnati Crew (half of whom aren't living in Cincinnati anymore) will be there.

Just sayin'
    edited June 2011
    CB wrote:
    LaQuinta is the best deal, and it's the closest, and they have breakfast, and the Cincinnati Crew (half of whom aren't living in Cincinnati anymore) will be there.

Just sayin'

Done deal. I was already eyeing the LaQuinta from your earlier recommendation, but I wasn't sure if they had breakfast. That seals the deal. I'll probably be getting this hotel, 95%. Thanks for the tip, CB! :D
    edited June 2011
    I'm hardly against breakfast at the hotel, but FYI to Kenkel: there are awesome and cheap breakfast places that you should experience at some point (OHOP especially, also My Mother's Place and Ron's).

Also, we'll be at a cafe. Instant gratification breakfast downstairs has an undeniable appeal, though.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Usually those breakfast places are hit by the IC crew around lunch time. Last year I ate breakfast at the hotel and breakfast for lunch at Mother's or Vandy's.

btw: last I heard Ron's is now Vandy's.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, Ron's is no more. No more mini-burgers :(
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I was pretty sure Vandy's kept the mini burgers.. hmmm.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I don't remember the being on the menu the last time I was there.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    They are indeed there - got em while I was in town for ICSP. Still awesome.
    edited June 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I'm hardly against breakfast at the hotel, but FYI to Kenkel: there are awesome and cheap breakfast places that you should experience at some point (OHOP especially, also My Mother's Place and Ron's).

Oh I'm sure I'll tag along wherever, I'm just usually an early riser anyway and have a hankering for cereal when I wake up... seems silly to order cereal at a trucker joint so I'll curb that urge before showing up :)
    edited June 2011
    I'm with Kenkel on this one. I need my AM cereal fix before anything else. I don't know what it is about dried plant material in milk that soothes my inner beast, but without it I would probably eventually go nuts and annihilate the cosmos.

And have a nasty case of man-PMS. Grr...
    edited June 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Usually those breakfast places are hit by the IC crew around lunch time. Last year I ate breakfast at the hotel and breakfast for lunch at Mother's or Vandy's.

Good point. And now I won't have to go around kicking people at ICHQ in order to get a breakfast quorum. :thumbsup:
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Oh boy! The La Quinta will be HOPPIN'! I think we should go for a group rate next time.
    edited June 2011
    Weekday at LaQuinta is 6am to 9am, weekend is 7am to 10am. Just thought I would throw that out there.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    think I'll do the 6am alarm grab tons of food bring back to room eat when i awake at 10am eat thing
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    think I'll do the 6am when I get back to the hotel grab tons of food bring back to room eat when i awake at 10am eat thing

FTFY, also Brilliant!

-Digi
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I have a crappy room with 2 full beds. It will be a buddy and I staying from Thursday until Monday morning, so I have some room if anyone wants to bunk with us.
    edited June 2011
    Sonorous wrote:
    I have a crappy room with 2 full beds. It will be a buddy and I staying from Thursday until Monday morning, so I have some room if anyone wants to bunk with us.

At the La Quinta?
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    No, the Motel 6 just up the road. The Total cost is only $176. Split 4 ways that's only 44 bucks a head, so if anyone wants in just pm me.
    edited June 2011
    Annes wrote:
    Oh boy! The La Quinta will be HOPPIN'! I think we should go for a group rate next time.

Can we reserve their conference room for the bacchanal that's been relocated from ICHQ?
    edited June 2011
    Hrm. I can ask. How many people are staying there? Like 20?
    edited June 2011
    LaQuinta does not have a conference room that I know of.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Looking for someone to possibly split a room with. I'll be driving, so hey! Free transportation to and from hotel in a nice car!

Would need to move fairly quick for obvious reasons (I still haven't actually bought my EPIC tickets, it's been up in the air due to other events and finances.) Yadda yadda, send PM, etcetera! ;)
    edited June 2011
    Yep, the LaQuinta hotel looks to be the best value AND includes a rather tasty sounding breakfast: waffles, cold cereal, oatmeal, bagels, and.. (sigh) hard boiled eggs (keep Crazy Joe far, far away... or be prepared to stay far, far away from Crazy Joe).
    edited June 2011
    Hotel update: I now have the LaQuinta hotel reserved. I can change the dates or cancel with no penalty up till Tuesday June 21.

Room info: It's 2 full-size beds, non-smoking, full breakfast, free high-speed internet (probably wired). Full breakfast included.

Check in: Wed June 22 at 1PM EST
    Check out: Sun June 26 at noon

Cost: It's $55/night via Priceline.com, plus $21 fees, total $241.88.

So it looks like it's definitely me and NiGHTS in the room. Gargoyle, let me know if you're in for sure.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Overall, here's what it's looking like for hotel rooms, based on what's been said in this thread.

Team Bandrik - Hotel LaQuinta
    1. Bandrik
    2. NiGHTS
    3. Gargoyle?
    4. ???

Team Sonorous - Motel 6
    1. Sonorous
    2. Sonorous' buddy
    3. ???
    4. ???

Floaters
    1. Rootwyrm