EPIC 2011 Official Gaming

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Community
Ahoy,

Below is a list of the games that will be officially scheduled for tournaments at EPIC this year. We have cut it down to a list of games that have proven to be the most enjoyable and simplest to execute in a LAN setting, and a few more.

This is not the end all list. As always anyone can set up a tournament, and it is encouraged for games that fewer people want to play. All tournaments will be given prizes provided 1) there is enough time to finish and 2) there is a sufficient number of people interested to play. One tournament per game and the number of prize tickets will be dependent on the number of people playing.

Please vote for all games that you will particepate in.

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I'd love to see some Super Smash Brothers Melee action on that list. Rusty as hell, but the game is endlessly fun regardless :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    pragtastic wrote:
    I'd love to see some Super Smash Brothers Melee action on that list. Rusty as hell, but the game is endlessly fun regardless :)

Could easily be set up as a pick-up tourney. If anyone has games for NES, SNES, N64, Sega, or Dreamcast. We are looking to have a couple projectors set up with consoles set up for casual gaming/console tourneys.
  • custompcmaxcustompcmax Minnesota
    edited May 2011
    I'd like to say I'd be there, but won't . But, makes me sad to consider TF2 a "classic" title already...
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    pragtastic wrote:

This

Also, I'd be more than happy to bring my case of GCN games :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Sad to see the same old stuff getting the votes. :(
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    We did not even play UT2K4 last year and there was no interest to put together a late night or shorter tournament of it during EPIC 10.
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    edited May 2011
    _k_ wrote:
    We did not even play UT2K4 last year and there was no interest to put together a late night or shorter tournament of it during EPIC 10.

If memory serves we tried to do UT after L4D and everyone so exhausted after 14 hours of that damn game nobody wanted to play anymore.
    edited May 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Sad to see the same old stuff getting the votes. :(

These are all games were playing, I just want to see how many people are participating in each.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I thought it got bumped because the board game tournament got bumped because of golf.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    shwaip wrote:
    I thought it got bumped because the board game tournament got bumped because of golf.

^this, the whole reason the ut2k4 got held was because people who "wanted" to play were still board gaming up until after dinner, or some crazy time. I kept bugging Magic asking if the tournament was still going to happen or can I squeeze in a SH tournie. I did the SH and you said no one seemed to be wanting to play ut2k4 that late at night.

The L4d2 tournie got carried over a night because both nights the thing went until about 2-3 in the morning trying to do a real double elim.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Every year we learn a bit more about scheduling, etc. It'll keep getting better.

Remember, too, that the food tour is being eliminated for one of the days to free up a huge chunk of time for gaming. Hopefully that helps a lot.
  • CantiCanti
    is disappointed at the lack of Perfect Dark and Mario Kart. It would also be nice to see some more fighting games.
    =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    is disappointed at the lack of Perfect Dark and Mario Kart. It would also be nice to see some more fighting games.
    edited May 2011
    Canti wrote:
    * Canti is disappointed at the lack of Perfect Dark and Mario Kart. It would also be nice to see some more fighting games.

I have Perfect Dark. I can bring it. I prefer Diddy Kong Racing.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    DIDDY KONG RACING
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Street Fighter 4 anyone?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I am fucking stoked to see Goldeneye get some love. Having an N64 there is going to be awesome. I've got the Wii version also if anyone is interested in checking that out.

I'll also put a tick next to "interested in SF4"

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I'm curious as to what the situation is as far as consoles being available. I can provide a Gamecube and N64 if there will be tvs to hook them up to. Bring your own controllers though, I only have 1 for each console.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Canti wrote:
    I'm curious as to what the situation is as far as consoles being available. I can provide a Gamecube and N64 if there will be tvs to hook them up to. Bring your own controllers though, I only have 1 for each console.

A company in the sponsor thread offered to set some up, I'm thinking (hoping) the admins are working that out. They also offered some gaming PCs that I also hope is being worked on.

-Digi
    edited May 2011
    Canti wrote:

I have 2 N64s, but only 4 controllers. I am working on getting 2 projectors for consoles. I would like to get some rca switches so i can just hook them up and hit a button to switch between consoles.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I have a projector, maybe 2.
    edited May 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    I have a projector, maybe 2.

One or two would be great, let me know what you can end up bringing.

Thanks!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    May I suggest ioQuake3 instead of regular Q3? It's basically an improved engine for the same game assets. I should be able to play it on my Pandora with folks on PCs, which would be kinda novel.
    edited June 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    May I suggest ioQuake3 instead of regular Q3? It's basically an improved engine for the same game assets. I should be able to play it on my Pandora with folks on PCs, which would be kinda novel.

Thats cool, I'll take a look at it this weekend.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Has the schedule for official games been set? I'm just hoping I won't be missing out on TF2 or Q3, since I won't be there until Friday.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    hmmm, I still have my N64 and a few controllers so I can help out with that. Plus my fully unlocked copy of Goldeneye with all the cheats! Muahahaha. Love this idea.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Has the schedule for official games been set? I'm just hoping I won't be missing out on TF2 or Q3, since I won't be there until Friday.
    TF2 should be on the weekend, so no worries.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Magic, I have 2 projectors. Both have PC, RCA, and S-video inputs.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Bumped poll close date to last day of registrations.

Mostly because I missed this discussion and hadn't voted :D

/admin abuse
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    That cleared all the votes! Fail admin!