MTG Draft League: EPIC (Sign Up Inside)

SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
edited June 2011 in Community
This is the Official signup thread for Draft League: Epic.

Currently Signed Up:
1. SpencerForHire
2. QCH
3. mertsen
4. MAGIC
5. BobbyDigi

Previous Event Results:
ICNY
ICSP

When:
12:00pm-4:00pm Friday, June 24th

Total Costs:
New To League: $22.00
Returning Players: $9.00

The Setup:
Like all other League events, previous members need only pay for the packs to be drafted which will be added to their previous pool. New League members will need to buy in (3 SoM packs for individual use) and purchase the two packs to be drafted.

The event will be somewhere around 3-4 rounds swiss play. At the end of rounds a tiebreaker will be run if necessary to determine the winner. Everyone will be able to play each round!

As with previous events, League decks will carry over to all future 2011 events. Scores are totaled between events and the highest scorers will get bragging rights at years end.

Scoring/Prizing:
Winner: 3 Points + 1 Booster Pack (To be added to their card pool for future 2011 events)
Maximum 1 Loss: 3 Points
Maximum 2 Losses: 2 Points
Participation: 1 Point

Any tickets allocated to this tournament shall be distributed amongst all participants (with EPIC tickets) with the highest scoring EPIC ticket holder receiving a larger amount*.

*Depending on ticket availability if any.

Current Leaderboard:
u9bmN.png

All interested people please sign up below. I will be buying product ahead of time and need to know exactly how much to buy.

Any questions may also be posted below (and do not automatically sign up the question-giver without the aforementioned "I'm in.")

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    In
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    In
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    I will play.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    In
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    In, duh.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited May 2011
    Currently Signed Up:
    1. SpencerForHire
    2. QCH
    3. mertsen
    4. MAGIC
    5. BobbyDigi
    6. Lincoln
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Does this mean Colgere won't be doing a draft tourney? Or will that happen as well?
    edited May 2011
    These are unrelated events. I have no idea either way what he shall be doing.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Colgere decided not to run his normal draft when he heard that this one was going on.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    CB wrote:
    Colgere decided not to run his normal draft when he heard that this one was going on.
    I'm not opposed to participating in two drafts.
    edited May 2011
    mertesn wrote:
    I'm not opposed to participating in two drafts.

The intent was not to mess up his normal work, this is by no means a regular format and is continually being tweaked to create a balanced environment...

On that note:

The highest scoring NEW player will receive 1 additional point towards the leader board. This will be the case at any and all events with at least 2 new sign-ups.
    edited May 2011
    CB wrote:
    :(
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Add me as +1 for both if anyone can alert Colgere to the continued interest in a draft.

-Digi
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    +1 for me also...
    edited May 2011
    Myself of course. Keep in mind we can always run traditional drafts at any time over the weekend. I'm just prioritizing this event personally.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread; I've been swamped with work the last few months. Regarding running a draft, the reason I had not brought up the matter had nothing to do with the league being run, it had to do with the fact that until about 10 minutes ago, I did not know if I would be attending EPIC this year (I am).

That said, if there is sufficient interest in a separate draft, I am willing to organize one. I did have an alternate idea though, something I thought I would throw out there; Would there be any interest in having a Commander\EDH tournament instead? I know some people have expressed interest in the past regarding that format as well. Anyways, let me know and I'll go from there. Thanks!
    edited June 2011
    Colgere, definitely in, start a thread for it :D
    edited June 2011
    Let me talk with the EPIC scheduler first to make sure there's a time slot available before I put up a new thread. :)
    Lincoln wrote:
    Colgere, definitely in, start a thread for it :D
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Man. There will be a LOT of Dominion playing at KBrew for Eli, BobbyMiller, and I.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Colgere wrote:
    Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread; I've been swamped with work the last few months. Regarding running a draft, the reason I had not brought up the matter had nothing to do with the league being run, it had to do with the fact that until about 10 minutes ago, I did not know if I would be attending EPIC this year (I am).

Glad you are going to be there Ben :)
    edited June 2011
    I would be VERY interested in the Commander tournament... I would be especially happy if you set up one of those scoring systems similar to the ones Sheldon's league runs. We could have it composed of existing decks or sealed out of the box pre-cons! Either way I'm down for whatever you set up.

Currently Signed Up:
    1. SpencerForHire
    2. QCH
    3. mertsen
    4. MAGIC
    5. BobbyDigi
    6. Lincoln
    7. Cannonfodder

Registration deadline is going to be: 6/17. At that time I'll be picking up product.
    edited June 2011
    Thread for my draft is now up: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?p=789419#post789419

Please be sure to sign up on my thread if you are interested (even if you already posted interest here). Thanks!
    edited June 2011
    On another note, I'll go ahead and sign up for this event.
    edited June 2011
    Yay!

Currently Signed Up:
    1. SpencerForHire
    2. QCH
    3. mertsen
    4. MAGIC
    5. BobbyDigi
    6. Lincoln
    7. Cannonfodder
    8. Colgere
    edited June 2011
    Alright mentlegen, purchasing product.

To confirm, I will be purchasing 2 packs of New Phyrexia per participant and a sealed pool for Colgere, BobbyDigi, and Mertsen... People not mentioned for a fresh sealed pool make sure you bring your existing cards!
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    You may want to touch base with MAGIC. I believe he has to work on Friday now, and probably won't arrive until that evening.
    edited June 2011
    He's already contacted me. Thank you though!