EXPO Shattered Horizon

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Community
If you were at Expo last year you know that I ran a slightly unorganized Shattered Horizon game. Well this year I am trying to get this together a little sooner.

I did a quick poll of the people who played last year and everyone seemed to enjoy the play time and general skill level. Thus ya'll kept playing after the official games finished.

If you are interested in playing Shattered Horizon this year at Expo as a tournament post that you are in, also if you have any specific game mode you would like to see used. Most likely it will play out like last year with a multi-game match that covers several game modes. My initial ideas are to use a Battle mode which is open CP and you must capture them all to win or have majority control, then there is Last Stand where you are confronted by waves of enemies and you need to save your control points(CPs can be captured back after lost), then a final round being Skirmish so if things tie up you can settle it all with a major frag fest.

I need to spend some time looking into which maps would be best for the rotation and what would be the min. number for a team to play in these modes and have it be fun. Last year we only fielded two teams of about 7 people and that makes the maps a target rich environment, I believe I figured 5 people being about the minimum for most maps.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I have the game this year... I have a card that can play it maxed... the skill issue is still not resolved but I'll play!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I will also play some SH. Gonna have to get used to all the new things they've added to the game.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    In
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Rob, do we have room for IC:SH official?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    In.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm in. Not sure if my workstation lappy ca run the game at an acceptable speed, so I might need to bum a PC.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    My computer can run this now! :D As such I'm in. As for game mode, I like the one where we're in space.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Canti wrote:
    My computer can run this now! :D As such I'm in. As for game mode, I like the one where we're in space.

I like the one where you go in the airlock without a spacesuit.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I like the part that requires the three dolphin technique.