WTB Nook Color

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Trading Post
Paying $175. Negotiable.

Comments

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I know someone at work selling a very slightly used one, I can check with him on Monday and let you know if he sold it already.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Love mine. I think you'll dig it Rob. Hope you find one.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Buddy J wrote:
    Love mine. I think you'll dig it Rob. Hope you find one.

Took me a long time to convince myself I even wanted to go down this road, but I've found myself in need of a tablet and an e-reader, lately, and ~$200 for real tablet-class hardware is a god damn steal. Definitely not worth going to $400 for the EeePad Transformer, even though that's a very nice device.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I also love mine. mod community is pretty hot and even just rooted w/ market is sweet. So far, I've legitimately used mine to replace library (though I still have a bunch of paper books to read), perform recipe duties, and some general tablet crap
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Hey, Rob....

NOOK Color by Barnes & Noble WiFi® eReader - Refurbished - $199
    http://www.buy.com/prod/nook-color-by-barnes-noble-wifi-ereader-refurbished/q/loc/111/listingid/140072914/221376447.html
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    From what I've read, the Nook Color is a great device when you root it and install the Kindle app.
    edited June 2011
    Zanthian wrote:
    I know someone at work selling a very slightly used one, I can check with him on Monday and let you know if he sold it already.

Any update?
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I asked him on monday and he said "That sounds pretty good, but I am not sure," now he is on vacation. I wouldn't wait on him. I tried for ya.
    edited June 2011
    Thanks, buddy. I'll look elsewhere. :)