Expo Icrontic 2011

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    NiGHTS wrote:
    I wake up to major sporting events on the weekend and can watch nonstop until the day ends.

PST wins.

^5!

-Digi
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Let's just meet somewhere in the middle and say Central time is the best!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    You know what makes central time the best, ME & TEXAS.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    _k_ wrote:
    You know what makes central time the best, cola and Minnesota.

Fixt
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    cola wrote:
    Fixt

MN has Michelle Bachmann. I'm scared of that state.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Let's just meet somewhere in the middle

ICWUDT
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    MN has Michelle Bachmann. I'm scared of that state.

She's not really Minnesotan, she's Citysotan :/
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    He is still in the past :p
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    To everyone that will be at the Expo and that is a runner (or at least into fitness and can stand running), I'm currently in the middle of training for an event in late July and I need to keep on pace with the training... this means I need to run at least twice during my time at the Expo... my current schedule says on Thursday (4 mi.) and Saturday (9 mi)... If anyone would like to join me (or at least for part of them) it'd be great. Thursday's run will be before the golf game so it'll probably start about 5 - 5:30am and Saturday's run will start between 6-7am. I know it's super early, but if I don't get these in early, I just won't do it. Also, I run fairly slow (9:30 avg pace) so don't worry about "keeping up". If you are interested, shoot me an IM.

Also, to those that live in the area of Warren, MI, the route I'm looking at starts at Rt. 53 between 14 Mile and Old 13 Mile road, it goes:
    1. South to Old 13 Mile Road,
    2. East to Hayes Road,
    3. North to 14 Mile Road,
    4. Back west to Chicago/Hoover Road,
    5. Back south to Old 13 Mile and
    6. Back north to the Hotel.

Is this a safe area/route? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but there are areas of my own town that I will just not run in by myself for safety sake. I'd rather know now that find myself out of breath in an area that I probably should have stayed away from.

Thanks for the info.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Warren is all very safe.

Also, talk to Magic. I'm sure he would love to run with you. He's been going to the gym everyday, and I'm sure he would like to maintain his routine as well.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Are we going to have wi-fi at the cafe?
    edited June 2011
    They already do yes. I intend also to hook the gaming network to the internet, through the gameserver as usual.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I am down for it Laz, I need to figure out how to put down some miles while I am there since as soon as I get home my weekly is getting bumped up another 10.

9:30 is not a slow pace, I train at 9:00 and plan to race that or slower.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    That area is absolutely safe. North Warren is as suburban as it gets.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    They already do yes. I intend also to hook the gaming network to the internet, through the gameserver as usual.

how "good" is the cafe's internet?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Same as Expo last year, 15 down. We upgraded it for the event.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    15 down 2 up
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    What kind of rigs do people normally bring? Also, is there a permanent place to set up PCs for the event or will I be moving it a lot? Deciding between by awesome, but huge rig or my little Dell C521. Will probably be the latter, but thought I'd see what the situation was.
    edited June 2011
    Most people brought full rigs to last year's event. I brought full tower, one monitor, keyboard, mouse, and a UPS to act as my power strip.
    edited June 2011
    Oh awesome, I might well bring my beast then. Its in the Silverstone Fortress case to give you an idea of scale. Thanks for the quick reply Tushon. ^_^

Btw, I look forward to sharing my love of Sun King microbrewery with all of you with the 4 growlers I purchased. Great stuff!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Timu-chan wrote:
    What kind of rigs do people normally bring? Also, is there a permanent place to set up PCs for the event or will I be moving it a lot? Deciding between by awesome, but huge rig or my little Dell C521. Will probably be the latter, but thought I'd see what the situation was.

Most who can do so bring desktops. You will have dedicated table space.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    If there are any extra lanyards after the event, send one my way. 100% Seriously, as Brian knows.
    edited June 2011
    I need a volunteer.

Someone who is staying through Sunday afternoon early evening (or whenever tear down is scheduled to be finished).

I cannot stay all weekend. I will be leaving Saturday morning. I need someone who will be assisting with tear down to package up my stuff for me and make sure it gets back to ICHQ. I will have to come get it later.
    By stuff, I mean the 4 switches, the projectors, the server and the network cabling. I have stuff to pack it in and I can show you sometime during the week.

Thank you.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    I need a volunteer.

Someone who is staying through Sunday afternoon early evening (or whenever tear down is scheduled to be finished).

I cannot stay all weekend. I will be leaving Saturday morning. I need someone who will be assisting with tear down to package up my stuff for me and make sure it gets back to ICHQ. I will have to come get it later.
    By stuff, I mean the 4 switches, the projectors, the server and the network cabling. I have stuff to pack it in and I can show you sometime during the week.

Thank you.

Y u leave early?!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Gonna be hard to make Ryder man of the year again if he's not there for the award ;)
    edited June 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    I need a volunteer.

I plan to stay until Sunday, if I'm around I'd probably be fine doing that.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    I need a volunteer.

Consider it done, sir. I'm not leaving till Monday morning (best to have a good night's sleep before a 3 hour drive.)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'll still be there as well so I'll definitely make sure it gets done.
    edited June 2011
    RootWyrm wrote:
    Consider it done, sir. I'm not leaving till Monday morning (best to have a good night's sleep before a 3 hour drive.)

Best to leave on Sunday for a 19 hour drive .... :crazy:
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I might be hosed for Friday and Saturday during work hours. I have some projects due Monday and I might be forced to work. I'll be there when I'm not at work though.

Also, does anyone who is driving have Steel Battalion? Thought it might be interesting to hook it up to mine for some 1v1 shenanigans.