IO Error?

JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Folding@Home
I get this error every time it finishes a work unit. It's been working fine before, but noticed this the other day. What does it mean, and how do I correct it? (see attached image) Computer is an Asus laptop.
F@H.png 60.4K

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    It is having a problem with verifying the integrity of whatever file that error comes from. I would make sure you have an everyone share on whatever folders have folding content in them or run folding as a service with start/stop bat files. Should mitigate the issue, unless there is something greater amiss, i.e. bad HDD or RAM.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Shut down the client. Delete everything except for the needed .exe and .cfg file(Uh I had to push my glasses up while typing this and rubbed my finger all over them instead). The only thing that should be left is Folding@home-Win32-x86.exe and client.cfg. Then it will download everything new.

Hopefully it is just a damaged file that the client is failing to delete in its clean-up run thus the IO_Error due to a check sum. This would make the most sense.

Is this application being running as admin and are is your user account that you are using an admin?
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    _k_ wrote:
    Shut down the client. Delete everything except for the needed .exe and .cfg file(Uh I had to push my glasses up while typing this and rubbed my finger all over them instead). The only thing that should be left is Folding@home-Win32-x86.exe and client.cfg. Then it will download everything new.

Hopefully it is just a damaged file that the client is failing to delete in its clean-up run thus the IO_Error due to a check sum. This would make the most sense.

Is this application being running as admin and are is your user account that you are using an admin?

Both admin. Will try deleting later tonight. Also shared my folder, like Tushon said.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Okay, those should do the trick.