The Uber Update

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited July 2011 in Team Fortress 2
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

Team Fortress will be free for a Week.

Part 1: Mobster Monday
Spy and Heavy weapon packs. No set bonuses shown.
New Valve Developed Payload map: BARNBLITZ (4 cap points, similar to Badwater Basin)

Part 2: Timbuk Tuesday
Demo and Sniper weapon packs. Hidden Scout pack.

Part 3: World War Wednesday
2x Soldier weapon packs.

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Hmmm, I'm liking the idea of the Heavy's new primary, and both the Spy's weapons. We'll have to see how well executed this entire update is though.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    About time they release another meet the team! Can't wait for the update!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Sekrit Scout stuff was the hidden link today:
    http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/scoutpack.html

Also, Demo and Sniper get desert themed stuff. The demo is now a HtH battle machine!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Love the Scout's new Scattergun lol.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    If I'm not Mistaken why would anyone equip something other than the Demo's new items?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    If I'm not Mistaken why would anyone equip something other than the Demo's new items?

Complete Lack of Bombs

-Digi
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Where's day 3???
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I really dig the Snipers new Rifle.
    edited June 2011
    In the past I would say the average time for them to put a daily update is around 5pm PDT (8pm EST)

-Digi
    edited June 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Complete Lack of Bombs

-Digi

Still have the primary weapon which is the regular nade launcher.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    boots + shield mean no primary/secondary.
    edited June 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    Still have the primary weapon which is the regular nade launcher.

Negative.... Booties are primary

-Digi
    edited June 2011
    World War Wednesday...

-Digi
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/36lSzUMBJnc&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    TF2 is F2P? Time to uninstall again; wish I had a physical disk I could throw away in disgust.
    edited June 2011
    I can mail you my disk so that you may throw it away in disgust.

Also I've noticed that the Meet the team videos have gotten progressively less funny and more uninteresting.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Haters gonna hate. What's the difference of making it free-to-play?

I thought Meet the Medic was awesome.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Haters gonna hate.
    Indeed. Valve is absolutely still on their A game.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited June 2011
    Personally, I'm looking forward to the new blood (i.e Farming) The n00bz server has been getting pretty empty... This new Free to Play TF2 should spike the numbers again.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited June 2011
    That was sooo good, I am like a god among mere tf2 mortals. Fishhead McKenzie is enjoying the fresh blood.

Also I liked Meet the Medic, I even laugh, out loud.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I thought Meet the Medic was great. Also jazzed about F2P.

Loved the bit about the rib. "Oh, it will grow back" "No, it won't".
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm surprised (pleasantly) by the F2P move. Didn't see it coming. I love the idea and how they implemented it. Buy anything from the TF2 store and you're in for the full monte. Otherwise you have access to everything vital except for the cosmetic stuff. It's a well thought out move.
    edited June 2011
    As an avid collector and trader, I am happy with the implementation of this. I also haven't had achance to read up on the trading community's thoughts yet. Valve has effectivly set the 'cost' of a premium TF2 account at $5. "But Mr Digi, there are weapons in The MannCo store that only cost 50 cents" you might say. Well you have to spend money from your steam wallet to shop in the mann co store. The minimum upload to your wallet it $5.

I am interested to see how the hard core traders/idlers take advantage of this. If there is a way to transfer 50 cents from a steam wallet to steam wallet then 1 person could create 10 premium accouts with $5 (note that it is against Steam T&C to create more then one steam account for yourself) This will flood the Mannconomy with weps/metal and nonVintage Hats and the price of these will plumit. As of last week, a Refined metal was worth between .80-$1 and nvHats sold on the secondary market for $2-2.50. Time will tell how far these go down. I for one will enjoy watching the change.

-Digi
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Has anyone seen what the new set bonuses are (if any)?
    edited June 2011
    From what I have seen (could only get to two of the set pages:scout, soldier because TF2 wiki is having issues) there are no set bonuses. Barring the Polycount sets, Hats continue to be functionally useless.

-Digi
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    If there is a way to transfer 50 cents from a steam wallet to steam wallet then 1 person could create 10 premium accouts with $5

After looking into this, I don't believe it is possible. Can not transfer funds between Steam Wallets.

-Digi
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I LOVED the Meet the Medic video. He's such a psychopath.

Also, I think going F2P is great - now I won't feel so bad about not being good :)
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    To Pigflipper's comment. I've played with you, your a hell of a TF2 player. I know, at your core, you love that game intensely.

I watched this documentary a couple years ago about Star Wars fans. It was a study about what makes us tick, how in a way when you love something so intensely, it inflames your passion that the only response to something you don't like about it is raw unbridled hate. Thrax and I talked a little about this at Expo a couple years ago, about how the fan base just despised certain things about the prequels, and where we may of had a point, and where we just were not being reasonable to think anything was going to connect with us like it did when they were eight years old.

I think its really interesting that for something we love so intensely, when something goes wrong, we just want to burn it and forget about it. Its really bizarre in a way, but its so human. Personally, I would say I really really like TF2, love or passion for it might go a little far, so when I see an update I don't like I may voice a little disapproval, but I don't want to throw the disk out a window. Those that absolutely love it, have that passion for it, they say, lets burn this disk as a natural reaction to something they don't like. Its just really fascinating. Its like Star Wars fans taking a pile of talking Jar Jar toys and burning them (this has been done).... When that passion for something burns so hot, the only natural reaction to something you may not initially like is a complete 180 degree turn.