Expo Icrontic 2011

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I don't have one, but a quick google search has made me incredibly interested in watching you play.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    So, Kenkel actually showed. I'm confused.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm sitting in the back of the room. Come say hi.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I said hi.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I cannot confirm nor deny the existance this mystical creature let alone his presence at EPIC'2011. I am more certain of Unicorn's that this "KENKEL"... And yet I have seen him and shaken his hand.
    ;D
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Hey what happen to the arrival thread?
    Did no one show up? ( fat chance):wink:
    I must be missing it, let me check again.
    I see the EPIC 2011 Flight/Drive itinerary
    thread but no arrival thread. Hmm let's
    see the alcohol environment is on the QT
    guess so is the arrivals :D
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I too am perplexed. Yesterday morning, the entity known terrestrially as Kenkel managed to communicate with me via the cellular phone networks. It was then that he confirmed my fears with chilling certainty: he would be haunting not only the hallowed halls of the La Quinta hotel, but my very own room.

This spirit (or possibly creature) is indeed a tricky one. Before the night was over, I saw this Kenkel before my very eyes. At this point, I would questioned my own sanity; however this apparition was also witnessed by several others at Tracy's Corner Cafe. It was all very bewildering, casual yet unexpected.

Then things took a turn for the weirder. That very night, Kenkel visited us in our hotel room. We open the door, and there he was, already inside. Just... waiting...

Canti was terrified, and while UPSLynx and Sharkydart were doing a great job of playing it cool, I could tell both were quite uneasy. We unanimously agreed to not risk inciting the wrath of this spectre, so we just allowed him to rest in peace in a bed to himself for the night.

This morn, I awoke in a cold sweat, which may or may not have anything to do with sleeping on the floor by the hotel room A/C unit. I looked cautiously at the bed that once housed Kenkel... and he was gone without a trace. The bed had no signs of ever being disturbed. It was as if... no, it can't be...

Well, no matter what this fiend that goes by the name of Kenkel is, I urge everyone to remain ever alert and suspicious. He may once again re-appear among us this very day. If he should, don't make him aware that we're on to him. Just play it cool... and maybe he'll quietly Kenkel out on us all, forever...
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Wish I was there :-(

I am a sad panda
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    And I am a sad polar bear. I even managed to miss the appearance of "Kenkel - Live", an event unmatched so far in the history of mankind. Some would probably say it's the biggest happening since fish crawled out of the ocean so many years ago..
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I was haunted by the sound of Sharkydart's ever-ringing cell phone this morning.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    The calls were coming from inside the house.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    kFxBt.jpg

Ponies have officially invaded EPIC 2011. THE INFECTION SPREADS TROLOLOL
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    EPIC Wasabi Challenge:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWvnq0i_i6k?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWvnq0i_i6k?version=3&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Good Lord. Just.. ugh.
    edited June 2011
    Today, Canti, Cola, Bandrik, NiGHTS and I went to Toys R Us for Ponies. We made this: http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=791750&postcount=362
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Bandrik wrote:
    kFxBt.jpg

Ponies have officially invaded EPIC 2011. THE INFECTION SPREADS TROLOLOL

Man, you guys. I was obsessed with My Little Pony before it was cool. ;)

It makes me sad that I sold them all a few years ago in a garage sale to some creepy old man. I'll have to ask my mom if she kept any.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Man, you guys. I was obsessed with My Little Pony before it was cool. ;)

It makes me sad that I sold them all a few years ago in a garage sale to some creepy old man. I'll have to ask my mom if she kept any.

yo dawg, I heard you had some epic so I got you some epic to go with your epic so you could epic. trooollololol.
    tf2failol
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited June 2011
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    How about a live feed from the basement?
    edited June 2011
    yo dawg, I heard you had some epic so I got you some epic to go with your epic so you could epic. trooollololol.
    tf2failol

Do not remember posting.
    :range::hrm:
  • JasonJason H. R. Chufnstuf PDX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    So sad I'm not there... :(
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Jason wrote:
    So sad I'm not there... :(

I feel your pain :(
    edited June 2011
    tf2failol

LOL WHAT.

Achievement unlocked - Drink scotch that is older than you.

The scotch was sublime. So good.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    ok Fatcat and Anne Prime stepped up with his pics.
    Now it's your guys turn Ready set start posting:)
    edited June 2011
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Guys, going to Epic this year was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made, big thanks to everyone for making it so awesome :D
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I was just reflecting on all the things I did at Epic in less than a day. I was at the cafe from about 5pm to 4am, and in those 11 hours I played a bitchin' round of pushkart, ate sushi, attended a reading, went to a beer tasting, sampled 37 year old Scotch, witnessed Lynx destroy a beer bottle with his bare hands, and had an impromptu dance party.

Not bad at all.
    edited June 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    , witnessed Lynx destroy a beer bottle with his bare hands

HULK SMASH.

No cuts on my hands. I'm a BEAST.

I'm impressed man, that's a heck of a haul for one day.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    You're a beast, Lynx? Hmmmmm Must have used that beast all up before Saturday night. ;)

This year was very damn close to my favorite LAN's... and I've been to all 8. A total blast from the time I woke to the time I crawled into bed 19 hours later. Oh and I DID have a FAIL... I didn't sample a Scotch older than me... but, MAN was it strong. WOW!
    edited June 2011
    What I learned from my first epic:
    - I have to come next year
    - You guys are really, really great
    - Emi0l.gif