Expo Icrontic 2011

1789101113»

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I had a fantastic time at this year's expo. Especially once people started getting settled in and that foreign "looks like we're not in ICHQ anymore, Toto" feeling had worn off. It was awesome meeting some new faces, like NiGHTS and Cola, and it was great not having to LAN in a tent anymore and having to worry about rain and bugs getting to our gear.

Thanks to everyone that helped run the expo, especially to Prime and Lincoln for keeping everything going (and staying mostly sane), as well as Ryder for handling the interwebz. Special thanks to Lincoln for helping to extend the curfew to 4am, and for sharing some of the "older than anyone" Scotch. What an experience.

Also, a word to all my fellow bronies: Saturday night was the Best Night Ever. Hell yeah.
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Bandrik wrote:
    Also, a word to all my fellow bronies: Saturday night was the Best Night Ever. Hell yeah.

Thanks to you and Lynx, I have a fever.. and the only cure is more ponies! :3
    edited June 2011
    Timu-chan wrote:
    Thanks to you and Lynx, I have a fever.. and the only cure is more ponies! :3

Ce8c1.jpg
    Dr. Mario prescribes to you 2500mg of Moar Ponies. Take twice daily. If fever persists, increase dosage frequency.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I think this Expo had the least amount of Bad Decisionsâ„¢ compared to the previous years.

Though 4am White Castle two nights in a row is a definite contender.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    My biggest regrets over the last few Expo's has been not playing as many board games as I would have wanted to. I got to play several games of Dominion and MTG, though. For the most part I end up playing the PC gaming tournaments instead.

The days before Expo starts seem like prime board game days, though.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I was introduced to and played two new games, Dominion and.... CB will have to help me out with the other one, tile based map domination game? I picked them both up rather quick, lost pretty good but had a blast doing it. I will definitely try to get in more new games at future events.

-Digi
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I was introduced to and played two new games, Dominion and.... CB will have to help me out with the other one, tile based map domination game? I picked them both up rather quick, lost pretty good but had a blast doing it. I will definitely try to get in more new games at future events.

-Digi

Probably Carcassonne. It's a good one :bigggrin:
    edited June 2011
    Yeah probably Carcassonne, if it was the one where you placed down little wooden guys on roads, castles, and cloisters (churches).

But if it was the one with hexagonal map tiles, and you laid down settlements and cities while having wood for sheep (lul) then that would be Settlers of Catan.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I like Catan
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    When can I sign up for next year?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm glad I made it this year. Was a very good time, thanks to everyone.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I'm guessing EPIC will be June 20-24 based on our history of being the second to last week of June. And I already have 2 maybe three people wanting to come based on my stories and the pictures.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    QCH wrote:
    I'm guessing EPIC will be June 20-24 based on our history of being the second to last week of June. And I already have 2 maybe three people wanting to come based on my stories and the pictures.

Expo has normally been the last weekend in June.

So next year it might be June 28-July 1. We'll see.
    edited June 2011
    Ah... is that how it works... I has the time and if it WAS to be that late, I might just have to stay a bit longer. ;)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    It took 3 years and most likely 30 tickets but I have my OCZ mousepad and it is wonderful. So smooth.
    edited June 2011
    I went to EPIC 2011 and all I got was... an awesome experience and an OCZ T-Shirt. ;D
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    QCH wrote:
    I went to EPIC 2011 and all I got was... an awesome experience and an OCZ T-Shirt. ;D
    You got something other than that and it's one of a kind
    The Icrontic badge and T-Shirt
    Wish I could have them, But I'll just be missing them 2012 I won't
    be missing:)