Civilization V is the reboot that the franchise needs

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited June 2014 in Civilization

Comments

• ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Excellent article, I am looking forward to this game!
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2010
    I'll be buying this game for sure !

No more stack of doom, finally !
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    wonder how it will run on my 4670 1gb Laptop
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    wonder how it will run on my 4670 1gb Laptop

One of the other reporters in the room asked about this during the demo. The Demo guy said that while the final minimum specs have not been finalized, they are very aware that lots of people will want to play this game on their netbooks.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    For a long long time Civ II was my favorite. Maybe this will soon change?

I dig what I am seeing and hearing.
  • edited June 2010
    it still won't bring my favourite feature from Civ 2, which is the city view because i just like looking at my city but not from the world view. But the changes of Civ 5 really make me wonder what they'd do for an expansion pack or Civ 6
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    There doesn't seem to be a city view as it appeared in Civ 2, however, with the single tile-based city expansions, you actually see the buildings in your city appear on the world map around it.
  • edited June 2010
    never played a civiliaztion game but im going to try this one
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Really looking forward to this one, even if they decided not to change it much from 4.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I cannot describe how excited I am for this game. Day one purchase, without question.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    This game looks amazing. I will definitely pick this up too.
    edited June 2010
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I cannot describe how excited I am for this game. Day one purchase, without question.

You haven't already pre-ordered?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I, too, have never played a Civ title, but I think it's a good time to start.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    CB wrote:
    You haven't already pre-ordered?

You know, I'm a weird one. I never pre-order. The only game I ever pre-ordered was Half-Life 2 (which is also the only game I've ever bought expansion packs for). No matter how much I want the game, I don't pre-order. I don't pre-load, pre-purchase, pre-whatever.

I walk to the store and buy it the day it comes out.

Don't ask why, because I don't know.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I'm the same way. I guess I just can't endorse the speculative aspects of that practice.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Because you're weird.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    If it's on Steam, I'm pre-loading the crap out of it.
    edited June 2010
    The only reason i pre-order a game is to save some bucks. BestBuy often do a 5$ or 10$ rebate on a pre-ordered game.

If its the same price, then i don't care.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Sometimes you get exclusive pre-order bonuses. I've been compelled to pre-order for stuff like that.
    edited June 2010
    Yeah i did one time too with Dragon Age :P

But most of the time those bonuses are nothing to get excited about. Beginning items with a different look.

What i do like tho is to be able to get the "soundtrack" of a game in mp3 as a bonus.

Also, Most of the nice bonuses are retailer exclusive those days. Steam will give you Kit A , Gamestop Kit B, Direct2Drive Kit C, etc... Some games have more than 6 Kit of retailer bonuses, that's insane lol But well it gives the consumer the ultimate choice in wich bonuses he wants so that's not bad. You just need to be careful and to be well informed before buying :)
  • edited June 2010
    I absolutely love Civ 4, civ 5 is at the top of my must get list
  • edited June 2010
    i constantly pre-order my games, most of the time to ensure i get collector editions(i just like getting them), pre-order bonuses, or for games that can become quite rare. but i haven`t pre-ordered civ 5 yet due to absence of funds. but i`m definitely getting the deluxe edition and world view of cities always seem lacking to me.
  • edited June 2010
    This is one game that I'm very sure is going to be great! Civ 4 seemed like a step sideways, but this looks like it's going forward.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I bought this yesterday on the amazon $20 steam-activateable (totally a word) sale and played from 930P to 430A w/o looking at the clock from like 1230 on. WTF.
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I did the same thing when I first got it. "Just one more turn" (for about three hours).
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    That was exactly the thought I had ... I mentally said "Just one more turn, Mom!"
  • StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I remember I had a big paper due, and I flipped out when I saw how much time I had left.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Pretty excited for the expansion.