windows xp shut down, won't restart

kenwkenw GA
edited July 2011 in Science & Tech
my wife's computer (Dell ) locked up, she had to shut down manually. when she tried to restart computer she gets a blue screen that says, a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Technical Information
*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82B364A0, 0x0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

cumputer will not boot up to windows in any mode, or with the restore disk:confused2

What can be done??????

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2011
    kenw wrote:
    my wife's computer (Dell ) locked up, she had to shut down manually. when she tried to restart computer she gets a blue screen that says, a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Technical Information
    *** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82B364A0, 0x0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

cumputer will not boot up to windows in any mode, or with the restore disk:confused2

What can be done??????

Replace the harddrive.
  • FrenchieFrenchie Maryland
    edited July 2011
    Are you able to boot into safemode? If so, run the
    chkdsk /r
    command in a windows command prompt, if not you will need a windows XP install disk, and then you can enter recovery console and run this command.

Note: This will not permanently fix, just a way for you to be able to boot on to the drive in order to get any files you might need
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I'm happy to see you helping others, but he specified that "cumputer will not boot up to windows in any mode" and never replied to kryyst, so probably a goner.
    edited July 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    I'm happy to see you helping others, but he specified that "cumputer will not boot up to windows in any mode" and never replied to kryyst, so probably a goner.

Oops. I guess I missed that part. Sorry about that.
    And yeah, I was helping out because it was a slow day at work and I stumbled upon this forum :-).
    edited July 2011
    That's how these things usually start ... request help in one forum and then two 40 hour roundtrip vacations (from Dallas to Detroit) later you find yourself wondering how it all began
    edited July 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    That's how these things usually start ... request help in one forum and then two 40 hour roundtrip vacations (from Dallas to Detroit) later you find yourself wondering how it all began

Hahahhahahaha <33
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Frenchie, he is not even remotely exaggerating, either. :D Welcome to Icrontic!
    edited July 2011
    Thanks guys, I guess I should get myself an Avatar...
    edited July 2011
    It begins :D
    edited July 2011
    Frenchie wrote:
    Thanks guys, I guess I should get myself an Avatar...

It starts with an avatar (Amumu, an interesting choice) ... then you start posting on the support forums, then you find the ridiculous stuff inside general banter

then you find out someone from IC lives near you ... you meet them ... (you are already hooked here, btw) ... finally, they convince you to drive across the nation for a total nerdout. Shit just got real.
    edited July 2011
    Then you find out about our achievements and you start whoring for them :p
    edited July 2011
    I thought that was just standard.
    edited July 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    It starts with an avatar (Amumu, an interesting choice) ... then you start posting on the support forums, then you find the ridiculous stuff inside general banter

then you find out someone from IC lives near you ... you meet them ... (you are already hooked here, btw) ... finally, they convince you to drive across the nation for a total nerdout. Shit just got real.

I approve of you knowing what my Avatar is. Yeah, I am a big LoL player. Maining Amumu.
    Tushon wrote:
    I thought that was just standard.

Oh it definitely is *As he sets up his spare computer to Fold because he saw the achievement*

EDIT: And this was my 10th post. So that Achievement is down.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2011
    Welcome aboard.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    MUWAHAHAHAHA! Fresh meat!
    edited July 2011
    I laugh at how this support thread has turned into a "Fresh meat!" thread.
    Watch OP come back and still need help
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    You'd be surprised how many times the OP has never posted again in a thread, even when people have posted helpful tips. Or not.

As for turning into a "fresh meat" thread, it wouldn't be Icrontic if we didn't inject our own brand of fun into each and every thread.