Wanting to buy, rent, or borrow a Verizon smartphone for 2-3 months. Inquire within.

BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
edited July 2011 in Trading Post
Hi folks,

I'm looking to buy a new smartphone for Verizon in a few months. In the meantime, I need to get a hold-me-over phone. An android phone like the Moto Droid is strongly preferred, but I don't want to pay a lot for a phone I'll just use for 2-3 months. I'd even consider a crackberry, though that's my lowest preference.

If anyone has one of these older phones just sitting around, I'd love to borrow/rent it from you. We could negotiate a fair price, and I'd pay shipping both ways. Otherwise I could also buy a phone off of someone.

Meanwhile I'll be looking for deals on eBay.

For those curious, this is what my current phone looks like.

nbzjrl.jpg

It's a long story. And no, it wasn't me (this time). :tim:

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I might be able to get you an Incredible
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I might be able to get you an Incredible

A Droid Incredible would be, well, incredible. When you find out more, please fill me in on the details/options. I'm definitely interested. Thanks! :D
    edited July 2011
    Looks like my work would sell an old one for $75 or so.
    edited July 2011
    Looks like my work would sell an old one for $75 or so.

Thanks for the update! Do you know what condition the phone is in? Also, what accessories would come with it? (chargers, cases, etc)

Thanks!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    You will not find a better deal on a smartphone of its caliber. Less questions and more buying.
    edited July 2011
    Oh aye, I'm most definitely wanting to buy it, and it's certainly within my budget. :D

But I'd like to know just what I'm getting into before I start busting out the PayPal account -- or at least, to make sure everything's working on it. The last used phone I picked up had a busted speaker, so I ask before I buy.
    edited July 2011
    Phone works - we recovered it when an employee who had demanded it instead of a BlackBerry ("to do their job") was terminated. Phone, charger, possibly a soft case if I can find one.
    edited July 2011
    Phone works - we recovered it when an employee who had demanded it instead of a BlackBerry ("to do their job") was terminated. Phone, charger, possibly a soft case if I can find one.

Thanks, TT! Sounds good. I'll send you a DM in a little bit about it. :D

Edit: oh, it looks like I can't DM you. Well, I definitely would like to buy the phone. If you could please, email me at ryan at icrontic dot com. Let me know how I can pay, I'll supply my address, etc.

Also, I noticed in your profile that you're in Westfield, IN. If that's still true, I'm just over in Elkhart. I could actually just drive over and buy it in person, and I can pay with cash or check. Skip shipping and all that. Let me know what would be best.

Thanks!
    edited July 2011
    Let me track it down on Monday.
    edited July 2011
    Thank you kindly, TT. I appreciate you doing this for me.
    edited July 2011
    ok, have an Incredible. It's got an extended battery, original box and original documents. No charger, no case.

I'll take it home with me tonight so I can charge it up with my wife's Incredible charger.
    edited July 2011
    Very cool. Thanks for the update, Technocrat!
    edited July 2011
    Alrighty, well since you have the phone now, let me know what you'd like to do next. If you're still living in the Westfield area, I could swing by sometime (I'm free anytime, I could even stop by tomorrow) to pick it up and pay for it. I'll need your address and preferably a phone number in case I can't find your place.

If you'd rather just mail it, let me know and I'll give you my address. I'd rather not post it publicly, so shoot me a private message or email (ryan at icrontic dot com) and I'll supply you with that. Also include your paypal account and how much I owe you, or your address if you prefer for me to mail a check.

Thanks for everything!
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Otherwise I'll send you a free Blackberry Curve that was used for Alltel. ;) I probably just need to donate it to charity. lol
    edited July 2011
    Oh, bandrik had quite the adventure. :)

I think he's good.
    edited July 2011
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Otherwise I'll send you a free Blackberry Curve that was used for Alltel. ;) I probably just need to donate it to charity. lol

Haha, well thanks a lot for the kind gesture. I'm all set, though, as Technocrat was able to hook me up with the HTC Incredible. And yeah, it was an adventure getting it and hanging out at his workplace. It was pretty awesome. :D

By the way, the phone works great. I'm loving it. My brother saw it and got jelly, then ordered himself one off of eBay. It replaces his Moto Droid (first gen) that's starting to get very glitchy on him, and was about to end up like the one pictured above (also his doing).

He didn't get the nice deal I got though, so he's still jelly. Haha!
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Glad everything worked out! Not a bad deal. :)