Big Minecraft Mod for adventure/purpose

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited July 2011 in Minecraft
It is long, but pretty cool idea. I don't think I will be pursuing it but imagined some of you might be interested.

Design_Doc_Artifact.jpg

Comments

• MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited July 2011
    Holy cow. That is incredibly, excuse me, epic.

Truly an impressive mod.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Seconded. Very impressive.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    my god that looks kick ass
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Dang. That is the type of thing I want to see in Minecraft. Something to do with an awesome payoff when you don't feel like building. Gives a reward to exploring. Awesome.
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Just curious, but: Have any of you played Terraria? It gets slammed for being "just a 2D Minecraft clone", but it's really a Metroid/Castlevania style adventure game like described in this mod with a sandbox building game after you run out of things to do / kill.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Many of the IC Minecraft players play Terraria. Many more of the non Minecraft players play it also. I am currently in the process of trying to setup an IC Terraria server. I (personally) see it as a completely different game.

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I have Terraria, and I like it, but I feel that quite a bit is lost when it comes to the creativity limitations. Building on two dimensions pales in comparison to building in three. In the case of Terraria, buildings are nothing more than obligatory functional pieces. In Minecraft, people create astounding things simply because they can.

Terraria's items and dungeon exploring frigging rules, though. I would love to see a perfect marriage between the two gameplay types.
  • Bad-Mr-FrostyBad-Mr-Frosty Member
    edited July 2011
    Holy shit I got really excited reading that. That would be pretty cool. So since they're based around spawn could it potentially mess up people's stuff?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    In my quick re-read, I didn't see anything about "based around spawn" and don't think it would mess up people' stuff, but would think you'd want to generate a new world for this anyways.