Sudden drops in PPD?

pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
edited August 2011 in Folding@Home
Just started folding on my work rig for the hell of it a little over a week ago and was looking like I was average around 10k ppd or so. Watching the logs for work progress, I was seeing every 5k steps (or 1%) finish between 4-10 minutes each. But, as of a couple days ago these steps starting taking 1-2 hours to complete and has seemingly started to physically slow the responsiveness of my machine at the same time.

Setup:

i7-860, 8gb ram, SMP client

So I was curious if this is something that is happening to a lot of folders or if I should be looking into my client config for problems?

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Are you folding using the client as a regular program or as a service? Reboot would be my first suggestion. Post up your config. You can be running bigadv since you have 8 threads or simply run -smp 8. Also just check to see if you have a svchost or windows update service that keeps pulling cycles.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Looks like another service might have been eating up a few cycles (5-10%), killed it and giving it another go. Will post the config if I'm still having issues.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Initial tests show that I'm back to 4 minutes intervals, thanks!
    TiberiusLazarus