Gaming Laptop Asus G72

V-PV-P State College, PA Member
edited August 2011 in Trading Post
I'm thinking about getting rid of my G72 so I can get something smaller that I can take to class to take notes and such. It's in great shape physically, no scratches or anything. I installed a 32 GB SSD for the OS that I'll leave in there.

You should know: The G72 line has a common problem where the screen flickers when you turn a the dimmer down lower then the maximum brightness. After googling the issue, it seems like a pretty straight forward fix, you just have to pop open the frame around the screen and move the cable so it's not touching the hinge (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yJ-LNIhnE4).

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo
nVidia 260M GTX
6 GB Ram
1 - 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD
1 - 32 GB SSD for OS

Make an offer and I'll let you know if it sounds good!

PS: it's running Linux Mint right now but I'd be glad to put Win 7 Pro on it if you so choose.

Comments

• allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    price?
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited August 2011
    Like I said, make an offer.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Sorry, V|P, the rules are, you need to post a price to post it in this forum.
    edited August 2011
    Ok I'm not really sure what a reasonable price would be so help me out. I looked up how much they cost elsewhere but I can't find the particular G72 I have, they're all upgraded to have a Core 2 Quad and the price is about $1700 for those.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    edited August 2011
    Sounds good. I'm not sure if I want to get rid of it for that. I paid 1300 so I was thinking 800ish but if like to get at least 650. Let me know if anyone is still interested!