ICRenn 2011

AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and HubrisAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited September 2011 in Community
Heh. Heh. Yes.

The one event of the year that IC goes East Coast (EST fo' life!) Come join Prag and myself for a weekend of fun and the Maryland Renaissance Festival!

Where? DC Metro area-ish. We'll move freely between DC, MD, and VA during the event.

When? Labor day weekend! September 2nd-5th. Come early, stay late, our doors are always open (but we can't always promise to be home - we have jobs, dammit)

Airport? There are many around! However, the most convenient one to us is DCA. BWI is doable as a pick-up airport but please try to lump your flights.

My parents have agreed to let us take over their home so we won't have to drive about and hour to the Faire. It's also larger so we won't have 10 people sleeping in 1000 square feet like we did the first year.

Got questions? Throw them at me.

Schedule!
Friday - randomness and heading to Deale, MD for the overnighter
Saturday - RennFest! Shenanigans and whatnot
Sunday - Preacher's. Bananahammocks for everyone! Also, trying not to be hungover.
Monday - Rest, leave, whatever

hosts
anne
prag
preacher

In
Lincoln
Alidra
Fatcat
Jimmeh
UPSLynx
RyanFodder

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    from earlier conversations, it looked like the faire on saturday, the 3rd, preacher's white trash ponderosa BBQ on sunday, the 4th, and since everyone has labor day off, the 5th, they go home-ish
    edited August 2011
    also, Alidra and I are in
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Sounds just divine! We'll head to my parent's place on Friday eveningish.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    In.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    In. Don't have flight dates yet, but more than likely I'll pull something like Thursday - Tuesday. I dunno. Whatever, I have vacation days to burn up.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    In. Schedule TBD.
    edited August 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Don't have flight dates yet, but more than likely I'll pull something like Thursday - Tuesday.

Unsure on flight details as well. Thinking possibly fly in Wednesday night, then hitch a ride back to Missouri with Greg/Amanda on Monday.

EDIT: BWI is about half price and at least 1 less layover and a couple hours for me. If anyone else would want to coordinate arrivals there I would be interested.
    edited August 2011
    Unsure on flight details as well. Thinking possibly fly in Wednesday night, then hitch a ride back to Missouri with Greg/Amanda on Monday.

EDIT: BWI is about half price and at least 1 less layover and a couple hours for me. If anyone else would want to coordinate arrivals there I would be interested.

Wed. arrival to BWI? Lemmie look into it, I may be down for that.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    In. Not sure yet if I want to fly or drive. I'll get that figured out in the next week.
    edited August 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Wed. arrival to BWI? Lemmie look into it, I may be down for that.

Or Thursday. We'll talk.
    edited August 2011
    So. Excited.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Pretty sure I'm in- just have orientation stuff on Thursday so the earliest I'd be able to leave is Thursday night. Also hopefully won't have work that weekend....? I need to get a job...?
    edited August 2011
    I need to get a job...?

Not a relevant excuse.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I'm also in of course (and offended I am not preemptively on the list). I have Thurs/Fri off, but still am unsure about driving/flying as well.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I work about ten minutes from BWI, so if someone has an evening arrival sometime after 6PM I should be able to swoop by and give them a lift.
    edited August 2011
    Cliff, will we be seeing you at the Faire?
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Annes wrote:
    Cliff, will we be seeing you at the Faire?

I'll definately make it to the grounds on Sat. Up in the air weather I'll entertain Zoe and just get to say hello, or if I'll have some adult fun with you all, but you will definately see me there.
    edited August 2011
    Awesome dude. It's been far too long.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    In for Sat Faire and Sun Pool Party at my house....

Still need to decide on food. It may be boring, but how bout we provide Pakistani BBQ again, a cool body of water for fatcat (and others) to jump in (banana hammocks encouraged!), and plenty of other food stuffs/soda/water?

BYOB okay with everyone?

(Note: By popular request from the Queen of the Gnomes, we will once again be making the hot toasts and sun-dried tomato cheese spread.)
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    In for Sat Faire and Sun Pool Party at my house....

Still need to decide on food. It may be boring, but how bout we provide Pakistani BBQ again, a cool body of water for fatcat (and others) to jump in (banana hammocks encouraged!), and plenty of other food stuffs/soda/water?

BYOB okay with everyone?

(Note: By popular request from the Queen of the Gnomes, we will once again be making the hot toasts and sun-dried tomato cheese spread.)

Are the Banana hammocks BYOB?
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2011

Yes, it is Bring Your Own Banana. Preferably attached to its owner.
    edited August 2011
    Annes wrote:
    IC goes East Coast (EST fo' life!)
    Detroit is in the same timezone. Also, it's EDT right now. "EST fo' Nov - March annually!" doesn't really have the same ring to it I suppose.
    edited August 2011
    Preacher, what time are you thinking for BYOBBBQ?

Just curious because Alidra and I will probably hit downtown DC sunday morning before hitting your place
    edited August 2011
    fatcat,
    we'd like to start around 1:00 PM on Sep 4. That should give everyone time to sleep their hangover off and still enjoy the pool and sun. We'll provide the Beef Kebabs (i.e. spicy Pakistani hamburgers with green onions) and Chicken Tandoori (orange spicy breast pieces) with some Crudites (veggies with da dips) and toasts/sun-dried tomato dip.

If everyone brings their own beer (6-12 or so) and a small dessert to share, I think we've got the makings of an EPIC ICRenn Feast in honor of the Banana Hammock/Speedo/Meat Pole in a Sling.

Thoughts?

banana-hammock-300x279.jpg
    edited August 2011

We've got a couple extra you or whomever can borrow. You just need to watch for wayward curlies.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Preacher wrote:
    fatcat,
    We'll provide the Beef Kebabs (i.e. spicy Pakistani hamburgers with green onions) and Chicken Tandoori (orange spicy breast pieces) with some Crudites (veggies with da dips) and toasts/sun-dried tomato dip.

So good... :p
    edited August 2011
    Preacher.

Sounds good. PM incoming for addy
    edited August 2011
    Oh god. Post-Rennfest bakefest. YUS.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Willing to carpool from Michigan. Also pondering flying vs. driving. Probably driving, because flying was a huge hassle getting back home last time. I have a 4 day weekend (Friday-Monday), so can leave Thursday afternoon or Friday morning, and get back on Monday evening.
    edited August 2011
    WagsFTW wrote:
    leave Thursday afternoon [...] get back on Monday evening.
    I'm down for that. :)