Someone please help me! Steam servers won't let me join in a match!

edited August 2011 in Gaming
Hey guys I need some help with my games from steam. I tried to connect to servers but I got this message saying no internet games respond to the query. Someone please help me I feel like it's not going to ever work!!!!!!

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    What game, what internet setup, etc. Sounds like you might need to do some port forwarding, but that typically isn't necessary.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Are you talking about TF2 specifically? I have this issue from time to time, normally closing steam down, re launching and refreshing my server list resolves it.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm having trouble with all of my steam games! it won't let me join!
  • edited August 2011
    all that ever comes up is no internet games respond to the query! If someone can tell me how to fix this so it doesn't say this then that will be good!
    edited August 2011
    Natepats wrote:
    all that ever comes up is no internet games respond to the query! If someone can tell me how to fix this so it doesn't say this then that will be good!

Go to your system tray on the lower right, completely shut steam down. Ctl Alt Del and check your processes, make sure it is not running.

Re launch and see if it continues. I have this issue, very intermitantly and re launching Steam and refreshing my server lists in the games normally takes care of it for me.
  • edited August 2011
    I uninstalled steam man should it work for me again when I reinstall it?
    edited August 2011
    Natepats wrote:
    I uninstalled steam man should it work for me again when I reinstall it?

I doubt you had to do a full re install, but my guess is that it will solve the problem. I've seen it in TF2 and even L4D once or twice where I will get that error. It's almost as if Steam hit a point where it will no longer refresh and get up to date server details, so it would hang and give you that error message. I looked on the boards, it does not look like its too uncommon, and it looks like in just about every case re booting Steam solves the problem.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm gonna try it in a little while. God I hope this works!
  • Bad-Mr-FrostyBad-Mr-Frosty Member
    edited August 2011
    well? did it work or not?
  • edited August 2011
    im going to install it soon
  • edited August 2011
    I don't have to buy steam I already have it when I download my CSS game man. I will reinstall it and go from there. It should work cause this has happend to me in the past with my old computer.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Don't troll the new guy. Discussion pruned.
  • YarlynaoYarlynao Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited August 2011
    Try deleting ClientRegistry.blob and AppUpdateStatus.blob from your Steam directory, then restarting Steam. It usually resolves the connection issue.