40% off brewing starter kits. Brew beer for a Benjamin

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited September 2011 in Food & Drink
Northern Brewer is offering their Deluxe Starter Kits for 40 percent off through Aug. 22 with the code BrewNow. The kits are regularly $160.

7603a_1.jpg

All you'd need are bottles, a brew kettle, and some ingredients and you're good to go.

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Peter! I think it's about time I quit mooching off friends' kits.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Buddy J wrote:
    Northern Brewer is offering their Deluxe Starter Kits for 40 percent off through Aug. 22 with the code BrewNow. The kits are regularly $160. [snip] All you'd need are bottles, a brew kettle, and some ingredients and you're good to go.
    So when do we start? :D
    edited August 2011
    Pulled the trigger. Looking forward to a nice English Ale in a couple months!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    so much win! One day I will join you guys in brewing Valhalla!
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Let the games begin. Kit and AK-47 Pale Mild extract kit ordered.

Buddy J, you know where I live.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    mertesn wrote:
    Let the games begin. Kit and AK-47 Pale Mild extract kit ordered.

Buddy J, you know where I live.

Awesome!
    edited September 2011
    I brewed my first batch yesterday! Ended up using a friend's kit, since he just got a phenomenal outdoor propane burner that made the whole process so much quicker. I recommend that everyone get one. They're only $50, and it boiled the wort in just a few minutes.

Unfortunately, it went by so quick (and we sampled so many pumpkin beers) that we forgot to add 1lb of sugar and 1lb of dried malt at the beginning. Oops. We improvised and dissolved it separately and added it at the end. Hopefully it works out. Now, we wait.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Kinda reminds me of making wine in frosting buckets... such a great idea. Ruined by buttercream.
    edited September 2011
    It almost worked.
  • Bad-NeighborBad-Neighbor Columbus, OH
    edited September 2011
    Dried malt extract has all the DMS boiled off already. As long as you brought it and the sugar to a boil, you'll be fine. Related
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the information! This kit also had 6 lbs of malt syrup that we did add on time, so hopefully the late addition of 2 lbs of sugars won't make much of a difference in bitterness and color.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Thanks for the information! This kit also had 6 lbs of malt syrup that we did add on time, so hopefully the late addition of 2 lbs of sugars won't make much of a difference in bitterness and color.

Shouldn't, so long as your hop additions went in correctly.