Let's get Nataly Dawn to Expo Icrontic 2012

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited September 2011 in Community
Okay, so if we, as a community, can come up with $3000 to help Nataly Dawn fund her first solo album, and another $1000 or so for flight and lodging, we can get her to play a private set for Expo Icrontic 2012.

Feasible?

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIr8-f2OWhs?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIr8-f2OWhs?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&hd=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, she's at $83k of only $20k needed.
  • SirCandleSirCandle New Haven
    edited September 2011
    If this actually happens my ticket is already bought. Even though she's past her goal we can still donate right?
    Edit: $40
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Yes, even though she's over her goal we can still donate

Post the amount you're willing to chip in to make this happen.

$50
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Is she a YouTube personality? I've never heard of her.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Yea, this position hasn't been filled yet, this is what we are after:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Sure... Bound to be a hit. $50 (somehow).
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    If 60 people went to Epic and were seriously open to this they would all need to donate nearly $70 to hit 4k.

So we may as well just ask now, is anyone willing to throw up a large amount .. like 2k?

I'm in for $50 if this becomes a serious possibility.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Cover of September:
    <iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xycnv87N_BU?rel=0&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This chick rocks, would be so in if I could make the expo.
    We have a time limit here, someone might grab that last spot.
    There are 4 of the 5 $3k spots left.
    edited September 2011
    I'm 99% certain this is not a realistic possibility, because grumpy and non-fans and complainers, and because massive amount of money needed by not a lot of people, but hey, I'd just thought I'd throw it out there; if anything, it's a fun exercise and a conversation starter, and plus it may introduce some new people to the joy of Pomplamoose and Nataly Dawn.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Yo Icrontic I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish but Nataly had one of the greatest music videos of all time... OF ALL TIME!!!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    $200.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I'm 99% certain this is not a realistic possibility, because grumpy and non-fans and complainers, and because massive amount of money needed by not a lot of people, but hey, I'd just thought I'd throw it out there; if anything, it's a fun exercise and a conversation starter, and plus it may introduce some new people to the joy of Pomplamoose and Nataly Dawn.

I don't see any grumpies, non-fans, or complainers (who would complain?). I think the only obstacle is monies.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I'm generally grumpy, a non-fan, and I do complain a lot, but that has nothing to do with me not bucking up. I'm just poor.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    This discussion, however, does make me wonder why she's doing a solo album. What happened to her partner?
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    CB wrote:
    This discussion, however, does make me wonder why she's doing a solo album. What happened to her partner?
    They're still performing together, they both just also perform as soloists.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    That's why the requirement is for a hotel room for two, mirite?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    The price per person (assuming 60 people) is a bit too much to be realistic. Otherwise I'd be in for this and I have no idea what Pomplamoose is but this version of September has been stuck in my head since I was foolish enough to click play on the video. It's so good.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Here is another way to phrase the question.

Who would be willing to pay an estimated $165 a pop for an Icrontic Expo Special Edition ticket? I figure that nets about 10K, 4K for talent, the rest for venue fee's and t-shirts and hopefully Brian and Lincoln can still pocket a few bucks after expenses.

Live music, I'd imagine with a meet and greet included, and Brian lets you bypass hotel fee's and crash at his place (as usual). Seriously, Epic Lan, music, free lodging, prizes, a cool t-shirt, all topped with shenanigans. How could we say no to that! Without the music the ticket was easily worth double what Brian and Lincoln were asking. I know there are allot of people on tight budgets, but guys, this is about nine months away. You honestly telling me you can't find an extra $10 a month on top of what you were already willing to spend?

Brian, that's my best pitch. If they don't chip in, at least they will all feel like cheap bastards when they arrive at the next Expo.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I can go see Ludo, Tally Hall, and whatever other bands they bring with them, get 5 hours of entertainment and drink Boulevard, and it only cost $15.

So, yeah I'll be the grumpy non-fan complainer ;)

And, cliff, you forgot airfare|gas|hotel|food prices. Expo isn't $65, it's about $400-$600/person already now.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    235886904v4_480x480_Front_Color-AshGrey_padToSquare-true.jpg
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I may have the unpopular opinion here but I don't get it. I would pay an extra $50 for my expo ticket if it included entry and 2 drinks at a club where DJMeph is playing though.

-Digi
    edited September 2011
    It was just a silly idea. The window has passed.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I may have the unpopular opinion here but I don't get it. I would pay an extra $50 for my expo ticket if it included entry and 2 drinks at a club where DJMeph is playing though.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    It was just a silly idea. The window has passed.

While the window may have passed I disagree that it was a silly idea. If it leads to a music centered activity at Epic, I'd file it under awesome. :rockon:

-Digi