1.8 is out

MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
edited September 2011 in Minecraft
I'm sure you guys know, anyway. 1.8 is available, as is the new server.

Bukkit has said they're currently working on a 1.8 update.

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    In case anyone didn't think this would happen, I think whitelisting isn't going to work for a while...you can't login to minecraft
  • edited September 2011
    My little temp server is up with vanilla 1.8 at captainmoustache.homeserver.com

I thinking now of leaving it up as a creative server for experiments and such, but as it stands now it's survival. The chests at spawn are full of supplies to outfit yourselves and try out the new items though.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    http://www.virtualshackles.com/248

I'll just leave this here.
    edited September 2011
    I must be the only person who loves Endermen and all their griefing.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I must be the only person who loves Endermen and all their griefing.

I have also had many a lulz based on the Enderman and their doings. As a server admin though we can not have built in griefers and I will be looking to disable them on our server. (At least in their current iteration, if they get changed to only move 'soft' materials [sand, dirt..] then I would reconsider)

See new post for the future of the IC Minecraft server

-Digi
    edited September 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I have also had many a lulz based on the Enderman and their doings. As a server admin though we can not have built in griefers and I will be looking to disable them on our server. (At least in their current iteration, if they get changed to only move 'soft' materials [sand, dirt..] then I would reconsider)

See new post for the future of the IC Minecraft server

-Digi

I've heard they're currently bugged in that they should not move player-placed blocks. Not sure if this is what you're hoping for.
  • edited September 2011
    Good news everyone!

http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/116186387878920193
    By the way, I will nerf the endermen block carrying. It was a horrible idea.
    edited September 2011
    I hope that he doesn't go too far. I love the idea. I hate them being another mob you can avoid by being inside.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited September 2011
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    woohoo!
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited September 2011
    Are we totally sure we have to make a new world to make all the goodness of 1.8 spawn?

(also if we were to start a new map of 1.8 and then edit all known land of IC into it, would we be happy with the 1.8 outside?)

I'm thinking it would be cool to have exploring on new sections of the map.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    The thing is, the more we expand and explore, the larger the map gets, and as new updates keep coming we will have to expand farther and farther away.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I say just wait until the last update
  • branmysonbranmyson Ekalaka, MT
    edited September 2011
    When will the last update be? I know that they are going out of beta at the end of this year, but I doubt that will be the last update, unless they just quit working on it. I haven't been on in the last few months due to going home to slower internet and working on the family ranch in MT. Now that the days are getting darker sooner, I will hopefully have a little more time to work with.
    edited September 2011
    I meant the last update that takes it out of beta or the final adventure update not this half of adveture update that was just released.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited September 2011
    well I was curious as to whether 1.7 maps spawn 1.8 things in newly generated chunks? like strongholds really
    edited September 2011
    no strongholds and npc villages will only spawn in new map areas. mobs on the other hand will spawn on the already generated map.